Silv3r Arrow - Arrived

Spook

Reaction score
Just thought you'd like to know that I finally got my S3.

After much agonising about the colour, I decided to stick with (Ice) Silver. Strangely, I remain a bit undecided about this colour and wonder whether I did the right thing - part of me still thinks it would have looked even better in Phantom Black. Ah well, too late now!

Here are a few pics anyway (pre-cherished plate).

Congrats! Looks good in silver don't worry.

Is there anyone that hasn't got bucket seats???

it looks perfect , and more refined in silver i would say

Yea madalex hit it on the head there, it looks much more refined in silver.

It looks stunning in silver trust me, any other colour woulda still had you pondering over whether you shoulda had ANOTHER colour heh.

Good choice mate, you'll love it forever :)

staz1000 said:
Congrats! Looks good in silver don't worry.

Is there anyone that hasn't got bucket seats???

No buckets for me ....:blownose:

Looks great in silver, I'm slightly biased though. The Ice silver doesn't look that different from mine.

Regards, John.

JohnS3 said:
No buckets for me ....:blownose:

Why not? I had a 2 hour test drive with them the other day and ended up with a sore back and shoulders

That sounds like a good enough reason not to have them! Oh and the price of course!

yep! I didn't want them at first because they don't have the adjustable lumbar and bolster like the RS4 seats. Then I sat in one a few weeks back and I'll admit they're great! I took this test drive just to see if I liked them enough to shell out £1600 but I'm a bit gutted that I don't.

Tried asking recaro to sell me some RS4s direct but they said no! lol

staz1000 said:
Why not? I had a 2 hour test drive with them the other day and ended up with a sore back and shoulders
I know where you're coming from, whether to have the buckets or not was the second most difficult decision I made about my car's spec.

No doubts whatsoever about this one, though. Get 'em adjusted right (you've got to make sure you are firmly planted in the seat with your back right against the backrest) and with the steering wheel rake and reach set correctly I don't think that there is a more supportive and comfortable car seat on the market. Even my initial concern about the seat being too tight on the thighs has proved unjustified.

All I have to do now is to learn how to come to terms with Silver. Oh, and also learn how to use the RNS-E I've just retrofitted......:music:

Shao_khan said:
but thats cus i'm a FB.

LOL that's made me giggle!

Yeah I found that it was best putting my **** all the way to the back. Mentioning the reach has got me thinking: When I got in the car the seat was at it's highest and the reach all the way forwards, so I dropped both to their lowest setting. I have my reach at the lowest at the mo but maybe that was not a good idea with the buckets. Hmm now I'm thinking again! argh!

Another test drive perhaps.

Very nice motor looks good in Silver - enjoy.

How sexy is that flat bottomed wheel - I need one with DSG paddles - I wonder if there is one as an option in Europe ?

Shao_khan said:
The TT steerign wheel is flat bottom also - 3.2 TT has DSG option so you might get one.

So is the spline size the same between the TT and A3 so a straight fit of wheel ?

I guess that the latest ETKA would be required to compare parts.

Paul

Looks superb in Silver but I'm biased too !! I too was initially unsure of my colour choice as I always go for Black but just fancied a change. In silvers defence it stays clean looking for ages as long as the wheels are clean so I tend to cleanthe wheels weekly and the car fortnightly which is a vast improvement on at least weekly with black.

I haven't got the RS4 seats and wouldn't spec then as I need Isofix for the odd occasion I transport my daughter around.

FBW is a must but purely for cosmetic reasons as if I'm honest it's not the most comfortable wheel.

If I had my time again I'd still go for silver but would be very tempted by the blue, if I'd had black it wouldn't have looked much different from my A3 S-line.

Enjoy the silver - it will grow on you especially when the sun catches it full on, but most importantly enjoy the car, great bit of kit :)

Right just had a chat with a very nice guy at VagParts (Martin) as I was checking on my cruise kit order (backorder in Germany so no cruise for me this weekend) anyway we discussed the TT wheel.

They have supplied one to a guy in the states that sucessfully fitted it on his A3.

The downside in my case is that I would need an airbag too so the total would work out at about £700 plus VAT, about £300 plus VAT for anyone with the new shape airbag.

So I will be keeping an eye out for new TT's that have been wrecked.

Paul

Wouldn't worry about it, so long as you're happy that's the main thing. I think it's looks smashing !

looks good in silver almost as nice as white lol. My mum just bought one in sprint blue not keen on that colour

Dont think so its just a name change from "Metallic", makes it more appealing for the customer!

Yes I'm biased but I was debating on colours and all the dark ones I have seen in the flesh hide the shape and lines too much for me so silver it was and I'm pleased with it!

When I picked mine up someone else was picking a black one up too and they were parked next to each other and mine got more interest off passing people so that satisfied me!

Another S3 from preston audi I see! Was it garry that looked after you spook?

silverlogic said:
Another S3 from preston audi I see! Was it garry that looked after you spook?
No, it was Martin.

Ahh picked mine up in march - I'll keep my eyes out for you about preston!:jump: