Fitting A3 Optics Grill?

Mikey

Reaction score
Does anybvody have a guide or anything for fitting the black optics grill to an A3 please? If not, is it hard/easy? How long would it take me? And most importantly....do you think it would suit dolphin grey?

I think it would look rather good if the surround was body coloured and the grille was black for dolphin/lava grey cars...what do you think?

yeah maybe, but i dont wanna start fettling too much with this car, ive bin there done that with my MK4. Just want to keep it nice and simple and not let things run away and lead onto other things lol

ive fitted a optics grill, i purchased it from www.audiaccessories.co.uk for £110

the bumper needs to be removed, which is not as easy as the mk4 golf, as the bumper is screwed to the front wings, and requires the removal of the lower part of the inner wheel archs, so you need to remove the front wheels too.

once the bumper is off the grill is quite tricky to remove, as there are loads of push fit plastic clips alll the way round the outer rim and across the middle. I needed the help of my dad to pull on the grill while i depressed the clips.

but fitting the gill is quite simple as its just a matter of pressing it in the correct places to get the clips to lock in.

then you just have to, fit the sline badge to the grill, and re-fit the bumper.

:icon_thumright:

Optics in your car? It's illegal to drink and drive you know?

Not sure if it would look good with Dolphin Grey! Saw a Dolphin Grey S3 last night with black grill and it looked like someone had taken the grill out until it got closer and I could see the grill was still there. Suits bolder colours like red better IMO

batwad said:
Optics in your car? It's illegal to drink and drive you know?
He did say optics grill. So that must be some sort of drink dispensing, burger cooking device then? Great for picnics but again probably not a good idea while driving!

Shades said:
He did say optics grill. So that must be some sort of drink dispensing, burger cooking device then? Great for picnics but again probably not a good idea while driving!

I've seen those on QVC...