POWERFLOW EXHAUST TIPS FITTED (pics included) and my A3 made some friends today!

john_cook

I was the STIG.
Reaction score
Ok, got the powerflow tips fitted today, welded over the existing tips which had to be cut back a bit to get rid of the downturned part so they would be straight. Retained my backbox so this is essentially a cosmetic change, the functionality of the exhaust system is unchanged which is what I wanted. Cost was £65 and took about 45 mins to fit. I am pleased with the end result, transforms the rear end.

Met up with my pal who has a drop top A4 and shot a few pics of them together. Got my mate to drive my car while I was piloting his cab so I could see what my car looked like on the move and was pleased with the exhaust pipes. The 19's also look awesome when the car is moving, even at lowish speeds of around 20mph.

Also saw this new S5 which wasnt that impressive for a £40k+ car in the metal. Looked a bit boxy and not as round and smooth as I had expected. Well here are a load of pictures so see for yourselves.

Cooky

Before

a1.jpg

After

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

S5

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Nicely done, that rear shot of you and the A4 Cab looks fantastic!

Shame to hear the S5 didn't look great in real life, what was it that you didn't like exactly...?

emzino said:
Nicely done, that rear shot of you and the A4 Cab looks fantastic!

Shame to hear the S5 didn't look great in real life, what was it that you didn't like exactly...?

I don't know, I guess the car looked better to me in the promotional pictures audi released than in real life. The ride height looked a bit high to me also but then again my car is lowered. Have to admit it is growing on me a bit. I wouldnt mind having a spin in it!

Cooky

John,

Your A3 looks spot on there and nice pics too. The RS6-style wheels really suit the A3 IMO.

One thing I did like was the fact you had your double-garage being used as a GARAGE!! Nice M3 parked up, is that the weekend car?

But it p#ss's me off something cronic how people convert their ****** garages into play-rooms and such like!!! Good on yer for keeping the garage a garage!! (We've just bought a house with double garage that I am going to have to convert back to a garage when we move in in 3 weeks time)

:)

But it looks a bit of a tight squeeze getting out of the M3 though?

AL

yeah was not my best parking job with the a3 in that picture, normally give the M3 much more room so is easier to get in/out of. Can't imagine using the garage for anything else!

Yeah, am happy with my RS6's. am glad I got my mate to drive my car while I followed, really like the look of them on the move! Look much better as 19's than 18's, my mate with the A4 cab in the pictures always says he loves his rims until my car is parked nearby and then he is like "doh, 19s look so much better"

PS.. good luck with the packing and the move.

cooky

tips look good, bit shocked at the price though!

i assume the tips are stainless?

im wanting to get some tips welded onto my discrete milltek backbox soon.

what size are these ones? did you just book the car in then go and choose a tail pipe style? it does look SO much nicer!

Prawn said:
tips look good, bit shocked at the price though!

i assume the tips are stainless?

im wanting to get some tips welded onto my discrete milltek backbox soon.

what size are these ones? did you just book the car in then go and choose a tail pipe style? it does look SO much nicer!

They are official powerflow tips, so should be stainless steel but I didnt ask to be honest. I went in to this place in burnley called top gear, they lowered my car about 12 months ago. They had a tonne of exhaust tips and back boxes. I chose the tips I wanted, they are 3 inches diameter x 5 inches length each. The trick is to get two separate tips welded onto your existing exhaust after they have cut off the droopy bit of the diesel exhaust.

When I was following my car (as my mate drove) and I was driving his car, he gave it the boot and I was surprised that there wasnt really any black sh1t coming outta the exhaust under hard acceleration, definitely no big black smoke clouds, at worst a slight puff of normalish looking exhaust fumes. It is a diesel I can assure you! (it sounds like one, pulls like one and gives 45mpg). Its only done 30k miles, so not sure if thats a reason why its not smoking like a chimney.

So anyway, chose the tips, they had a slot the next morning, and did the job in a respectable 45 mins. Pretty good, and the price was very reasonable. Would recommend them to anyone in the Northwest. Definitely would say go for it, I think it really transforms the back of my car, it was always a bit lacking so first I put on a rear roof lip spoiler, now this completes the sporty tail.

PS . yes the S5 was snapped at the trafford centre, thats worrying how you recognise the car park so well!

Cooky

Cool car!! Altho that A4 cab - now that's sommat special!! Your friend is a lucky guy!! lol

Worried that the someone recognised the Trafford Centre carpark tho!!