Modified S3 insurance

• Thread starter Deleted member 22276
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22276

Ok, so Direct Line seem to be by far the cheapest for me on a stock S3, but since I'm going to be getting a turbo-back miltek exhaust, some kind of induction kit and a remap I was wondering who I should insure with.

So, if you have a modded S3, where did you go for insurance?

Cheers,

Alex.

I had my heavily modified 8P S3 insured by.... Direct Line! They were cheaper by far than anyone else I tried.

Dan

If you dont mind me asking, how old are you, how many years NCB do you have and how much does it cost you?

I'm 24 (will be 25 when I get the car in Sept), 7 year NCB, two speeding fines and they quoted me about £870 for the stock S3.

Slightly off the topic but.... Just something to be aware of with Greenlight and paying by installments...

I used Greenlight for my last modified S3 (8L). I then decided to upgrade to a 8P model (non modified) and found Greenlight very expensive so I went back to a general insurer (£300 cheaper !!). Be aware of using the instalments with them if you might need to cancel your policy during the year, they use a company called Amber. I cancelled my policy (and direct debit) back in June and are have had a threatening letter from Amber saying they want the rest of the money for the whole year as Greenlight havent sent them a refund yet. Of course, I am liable for all this because I agreed/signed the credit agreement. So I'm now spending the morning back and to on the phone trying to sort it out as neither of these companies appear to talk to each other.

my S3 is insured with Adrian Flux

Im paying £800 ish with the remap.

How much difference does a remap make to insurance?

I got a quote from directline for the S3 of around £380 including protected no claims. This is around £100 cheaper than I could find anywhere else but I'm wondering how much this would go up if I had the car remapped.

I would have to phone to ask them as mods can't be entered on the web.

Just wondering if anybody had before / after remap prices to give me a guide?

FYI - I'm 31, 7 years NCB, 1 ( 4.5 year old ) speeding fine living in Swindon.

siu00adg - I meant 8L - apologies for the confusion. Price was about £1000, I was 34, no points, full NCB . My postcode is one of the higher risk ones though.

Dan

TDI-line, I've got to thank you!

Just had a quote with Adrian flux.

I've just turned 25, two speeding tickets, 7yr NCB, for a remapped S3 with around 330bhp, modified suspension, and modified exhaust, CAI, fully comp, £300 excess, unlimited milage, protected no claims, legal cover, brakedown, etc. only £900! I'm over the moon! was expecting it to be around 1500!

£480 stock with Noel Dazley. Re-mapped no extra as i asked!