EM TuningVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Help with a repair quote S3

Hi guys, been browsing the forums for a while now but never posted. Just want to quickly thank the community for the advice and help I read before purchasing my S3.

Got a bit of small damage to my car. Was driving over a "home-made" speed bump made out of wood and as I went over it I heard a crunch. Turned out my rear diffuser got damged. Took it to Audi and they said I needed a new diffuser and painted as well as the support struts which attach it to the bumper was broken. They quoted me 310quid and I am just wondering what you guys think. Is it reasonable or am I being ripped off?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You will always be ripped off at the dealer!

Get the part from the delaer as I'm sure it will be hard to get elsewhere, or possibly try vagparts or audi accessories on the internet.

Then take it to a bodyshop and get a few quotes for painting and fitting, bet you it will work out alot cheaper!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Neutral

Status
    Turned into a clients driveway yesterday and scraped the sill and lower door trim moulding on a brick pillar that had broken off and was lyng on the floor - gutted!

Plastic sill and lower door trim cost = 165
    Paint materiels and labour = 300

for two bits of fecking plastic!!

2007 S3 Phantom Black - All the toys!