Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    I was the STIG.

Status

HELP !!! - Advice regarding powerflow exhaust

Hi guys,

tomorrow i'm getting some powerflow twin tailpipes fitted to my car (A3 2005 2.0 TDI sport). I dropped Eeef a message and he said he had the same done to his, but they retained the backbox and he basically just had the twin pipes welded onto his existing backbox.

Here is my problem. The guy at top gear burnley said I dont need my backbox as its a diesel car and doesnt really do anything. He said it would be too difficult to retain the backbox and he wants to remove it and then weld a new bit of pipe from further forward in the exhaust system (just proximal to the backbox) and fit the new twin pipes to that (hence I have no backbox).

This sounds dodgy to me, do I need a backbox? Should I go elsewhere or get him to fit a new backbox with this tailpipe?

Really need some advice as I have no clue about this sort of stuff. I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!!

Cooky
    Last edited by john_cook; 24th July 2007 at 19:29.

A3 2.0 tdi sport (2005), Xenons, Bose, Leather/Alcantara, 19" replica RS6 alloys, Rieger front bumper/side skirts, Eibach 30mm springs, Caratere Rear Spoiler, Silver wing mirrors, powerflow twin exhaust tips, Alpine iDA-X001 iPod Ready headunit, amp and 1000 watt sub....

2. # ADS
    ADS

I was the STIG.

Status
    come on guys, am getting this thing fitted tomorrow morning. Need some advice!

cooky

A3 2.0 tdi sport (2005), Xenons, Bose, Leather/Alcantara, 19" replica RS6 alloys, Rieger front bumper/side skirts, Eibach 30mm springs, Caratere Rear Spoiler, Silver wing mirrors, powerflow twin exhaust tips, Alpine iDA-X001 iPod Ready headunit, amp and 1000 watt sub....

4th Gear

Status
    Sounds a bit dodgy to me but then I wouldnt get anyone to weld different tail pipes onto my car anyway. IMO either buy a new exhaust or dont bother.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

5th Gear

Status
    Call other performance exhausts companies such as MTM etc and ask them, they might know...
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

I was the STIG.

Status
    am going to see if they can retain the backbox and just weld the tips over the current ones. This way its pretty much a cosmetic only change as its just like sticking on an outer rim over the current exhaust. Am not happy with them taking the backbox off so that won't be happening.

cooky