From a 2.0 TDI "BLUEFINED" to a 2.0 TFSI courtesy car

stevehsv868

Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver
Reaction score
The Bluefinned 140 TDI has gone in for a service

And Audi have given me a 2.0 TFSI A3 sportback, with glass roof, and red leather in the centre of the seats.

I just wanted to say how great the 2.0 TFSI engine is, I think its fantastic, loads of torque (not a patch on the TDI) but excellent for a petrol , loves to rev, hardly any turbo lag, very smooth and refined. and fast

The only thing was the noisey engine at idle speed, but once revd it sounded great. and that i only managed 31mpg at 60mph on the M6 , compared to 57mpg on the TDI

If I was doing low miles I would have one in a instant

2.0 TFSI owners I applaud you, what a fantastic engine :applaus:

stevehsv868 said:
2.0 TFSI owners I applaud you, what a fantastic engine :applaus:

I thank you *does a little courtsy*

But yes it's a great engine without a doubt. You should try a bluefinned one! And an S3d one! lol

You should be able to get about 40mpg at 60 though. I have.

staz1000 said:
You should be able to get about 40mpg at 60 though. I have.

I agree. My commute to work is 55 miles, a fair bit of my time is spent at 60mph due to traffic. Best MPG I've seen for the journey has been 39 MPG :)

Funny how we all seem to prefer calling the remap 'Bluefin' these days as opposed to Superchips :)

2.0T is a must if you only cover low miles, sound great and is superb engine with performance to match, remapped they are brutal with little affect on mpg.

If big mileage is your thing then its a remapped 140 every time :)

Got so used to mine now, that I want something with more power. Would love a drive in a S4/RS4. Chances are thou, be a derv for me next.

Spin140 said:
If big mileage is your thing then its a remapped 140 every time :)

I first considered a 140diesel but i didn't think i would do more than 10k miles a year but i couldn't have been more wrong, i have done 13k miles in the 2.0T in 8mths..............

RobinA3 said:
I first considered a 140diesel but i didn't think i would do more than 10k miles a year but i couldn't have been more wrong, i have done 13k miles in the 2.0T in 8mths..............

Any regrets??

d3fy said:
Got so used to mine now, that I want something with more power. Would love a drive in a S4/RS4. Chances are thou, be a derv for me next.

Turn the map off for a couple of weeks :)

Mine was backwards and forwards to the dealers for a while and I ran it standard for ages. Then I put the Bluefin code back on for our trip up North. Superb!

staz1000 said:
Any regrets??

Nope not one bit!!!!

My old 1.4 16v Polo gave me 33mpg and in the A3 if i drive normally i get 32mpg without any problems so only 1mpg worse but 140bhp extra!

If i had the choice of buying the A3 again i will still go for the 2.0T, the 170diesel is a good engine but i can't live without the 4000-7000rpm!

agree with turn the map off if getting used to the power, sounds daft but seems more noticeable going back to standard from remap than vice versa, can never fail to impress you again.

I often use company pool cars as well which are all diesel so when I had the 2.0tdi the drive home was always much appreciated.

I think general rule of thumb is more than 15,000 per year thay recommend a diesel but this is very general as many factors are considered when buying a car not just economy, each to their own and I'm a fan of both diesel and Petrol, when buying the S3 I knew I was facing much higher fuel bils but hey it makes me smile :)