AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

RS4 18's vs RS4 19's

Ok, been looking at some photos of the A3 and S3 with the 18 and 19" RS4 wheels.

Now, I have ordered my S3 with the OE RS4 18's, they look nice, but I think the 19's do look a lot better so I'm thinking I'll cancel the 18's, get the standards and get some after market 19's. What do you guys think? Has anyone here had any trouble with the 19's rubbing on the S3? Have any of you with aftermarket alloys bothered telling your insurance company?

Cheers,

Alex.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    i thought there was a prob with fitting RS4's on the S3, the after market ones dont cut it for me, i bought some and flogged them on

I would love the 19 RS4's but cant do with the hassle and rubbing

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster
    i thought there was a prob with fitting RS4's on the S3, the after market ones dont cut it for me, i bought some and flogged them on

I would love the 19 RS4's but cant do with the hassle and rubbing
    What wheels do you have on yours?

5th Gear

Status
    I'm thinking about these bad boys:

http://www.alloywheels.com/product.a...archSize=19%22

with the 50 Toyo Proxes T1 type upgrade (a good tyre apparently).

They look stunning, would be really interested to hear if anyone has had any rubbing issues with 19" wheels on the S3.

Cheers.

Al.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    I'm thinking about these bad boys:

http://www.alloywheels.com/product.a...archSize=19%22

with the 50 Toyo Proxes T1 type upgrade (a good tyre apparently).

They look stunning, would be really interested to hear if anyone has had any rubbing issues with 19" wheels on the S3.

Cheers.

Al.
    Those are the wrong offset unfortunately. They are ET40, for an S3/A3 8p you need atleast ET50 otherwise they will rub.
    2009 Audi TT-S - Ice Silver - S-Tronic

4th Gear

Status
    I have BBS CH 18x8 with an et50 on my car, there is easily enough room for an et40 if the rim is still only 8 inches wide..

Previously I had these wheels on my Mk5 GTI golf and there was much less room.. The S3 has around 15mm more space for wider wheels.

Oh and my golf was lowered 60mm..

As long as the width and offset is the same having a 19" wheel over an 18" will make no difference to rubbing as you would go down with the profile of the tyre as the size of the rim increases..

Jonny

6th Gear

Status
    The standard ET is around 59 for the S3 so putting ET40 on will be like putting 20mm spacers on which is far too much.

Yes they may fit and drive ok but when the car has a passenger in and you go round a roundabout for example and the car dips you will have rubbing issues.

The OE 19in that are on the RS4 are ET29 and definately won't fit.

I have the standard S3 alloys on mine with 15mm spacers on the rear and when 2 people are in the back and i go over a dip in the road the back tyres rub on the arches. I dont mind this as its very very rare I ever have people in the back.

Alot of the car magazines also state you will ruin the handling of the car on 19s too, they state the 18in standards are a excellent factory option.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

4th Gear

Status
    The width of the standard wheel is also 7.5inch rather than 8 inch.. So you cant really directly compare the two..

Im in guisborough, you can come and see for yourself how much room i have

OEM rs4 wheels are pretty low offset and a 9inch wide wheel too so it would be like having an extra 44+mm on my BBS wheels, little too much i think!

Jonny

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    Ok, been looking at some photos of the A3 and S3 with the 18 and 19" RS4 wheels.

Now, I have ordered my S3 with the OE RS4 18's, they look nice, but I think the 19's do look a lot better so I'm thinking I'll cancel the 18's, get the standards and get some after market 19's. What do you guys think? Has anyone here had any trouble with the 19's rubbing on the S3? Have any of you with aftermarket alloys bothered telling your insurance company?

Cheers,

Alex.
    You managed to get 18" RS4's for your S3? I tried to order some for mine a few week ago, and was told i couldn't have them. Not too bothered now, the standard wheels don't look that bad, and i am getting a sunroof for roughly the same price

Personally i think you should stick with the 18" RS4's instead of getting 19's, replicas or not.

2nd Gear

Status
    I'd go with the 18's IMO.. Won't upset the ride then..

4th Gear

Status
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-Audi-RS4-al...QQcmdZViewItem

Was thinking of getting those for my A3 2.0TDI. Will they defo not fit?
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

Neutral

Status
    IMHO stick with the 18's. The ride will be crap with 19's.

Full speed ahead

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edowen
    IMHO stick with the 18's. The ride will be crap with 19's.
    Do you have 19s then?

Neutral

Status
    No, but I have been in an S3 with them, and it was very hard. I know it is a different car, but I find S-Line and 18's hard enough...

4th Gear

Status
    Aside from harsh ride, would they fit no trouble? And look good, looking not too big?
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R