AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Bucket Seats and Silver Headlining

Hey guys
    I was wondering if anyone has pictures of s3 interiors with the recaros and silver headlining. I've only seen shots of black headlining.

I've been contemplating this combination for my ibis white s3 because i think black headlining creates a really dark atmosphere inside the car, but i'm not really sure how the whole thing would look.

any help would be appreciated
    cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I ordered Silver headlining with the standard embossed black leather. Not sure what it will look like as I haven't seen it in real life yet!

Like you I thought the black headlining might be too dark with black seats - having said that my current Leon has black seats and black headlining and I'm used to it.

I'll find out in six weeks if it was the right decision!

6th Gear

Status
    If Stevec reads this thread he'll get teary eyed once again.
    Audi cocked up his order and delivered a silver headlining along with his bucket seats, but he may just have taken some pictures before they replaced it with a black one.

Stevec where are you ???

1st Gear

Status
    I wondered about the darkness of the black head lining before ordering my S3. I went looking for silver head lining A3s. The 2nd hand ones that I saw with the silver seemed a little grimy with patches of dust here and there.
    I ordered the black but I added a sunroof.
    I am pleased with the choice that I made

prt

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yahyar
    Hey guys
    I was wondering if anyone has pictures of s3 interiors with the recaros and silver headlining. I've only seen shots of black headlining.

I've been contemplating this combination for my ibis white s3 because i think black headlining creates a really dark atmosphere inside the car, but i'm not really sure how the whole thing would look.

cheers
    I've ordered Ibis White with black headlining and bucket seats, but like prt57 i also have specced a sunroof. Personally i think black headlining will look good, most cars have a light coloured headlining, so you might as well go for something a bit different if you can

5th Gear

Status
    All the SLines have black headlining and it is dark.
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Is the silver headlining the standard one in the whole A3 range?

Except S-lines of course.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Can only find this one, but no buckets with silver lining.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3
    If Stevec reads this thread he'll get teary eyed once again.
    Audi cocked up his order and delivered a silver headlining along with his bucket seats, but he may just have taken some pictures before they replaced it with a black one.

Stevec where are you ???
    AAAArrrGGHHHHH!!! Here we go again, just after I got over the whole sorry episode!!!!
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yahyar
    Hey guys

cheers
    Sent you a PM with my website URL in it. Cheers, Steve
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose

S LINE

Status
    i prefer the black headlining to the silver cos it gives it a bit of a moody atmosphere, the way i like it
    VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK - NEVER FOLLOW

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d3fy
    All the SLines have black headlining and it is dark.
    In your opinion d3fy! Not in mine. I like it lots.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.