Chris NottVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

How Much Oil does the 2.0T Take?

Hi all

Due for a service soon, I will be providing my own oil to Audi when they do it, presume they let you do this providing it is sealed??

How much oil will i need??

Cheers

Lee
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S-line, 06/06, Black/Black Heated Leather, SatNav, Xenons, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, P/Sensors etc

2. # ADS
    ADS

According to my A3 Owner's Manual the Engine oil capacity (including filter change) is 'approx. 4.5 litres'
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

The Damned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetaylor
    Due for a service soon, I will be providing my own oil to Audi when they do it, presume they let you do this providing it is sealed??
    Why are you providing your own oil?

I'm sure if your cars still in warranty Audi will insist on using genuine OEM oil whether your own oil is sealed or not. otherwise it could jeopardise your warranty. How much do you value your warranty?

To me it's not worth the hassle especially if your just wanting to use high grade oil like the fully synthetic stuff, because the only benefit you'll see is a lighter wallet.

Neutral

Status
    Well, I get can get my oil free through my work fuel card, so got 5 ltrs of Castrol Edge worth 60 + and seeing this is what is in the car currently, I presume this is what will go back in??

I'm sure Audi would put another 25% on top of the price of the oil, so i would expect to pay somewhere in the region of 80 ish for the oil.

That would be better off in my pocket! as unfortunately I have not got money to burn, Maybe some have.
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S-line, 06/06, Black/Black Heated Leather, SatNav, Xenons, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, P/Sensors etc

5th Gear

Status
    its more likely to be because he does not like have his pants pulled down by the stealer. Look at some of the quotes in the AVS post, £103 for oil!!!!!!!

The stealer will be fine with bringing your own oil as long as it meets the VAG criteria. Try these guys

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/performanc...s/castrol.aspx
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    Should be no problem at all to provide your own oil if it meets the required VAG standard (504.0/507.0 I think it is). You will need 5 litres.

Neutral

Status
    I Have Castrol Edge 5w30

It is (VW 504 00/507 00; MB 229.51)

presume this will be OK?

Lee

Yes VW 504.00 is the correct oil.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    i'll be providing my own oil when i take mine for a service as i am sure its much cheaper from halfords using a trade card than what audi stealers charge you.