Cleaning my S3 for the 1st time...

Any car shop should sell those microfibre cloths.
Autoglym do their own one in a plastic tube,although it's dear.
I have a felling they call it a 'finishing cloth' or something though.
Tesco sell perfectly good ones for a quid each !
They're blue and are quite clearly marked 'microfibre cloth',in the car section.
I chuck some in every time we go shopping.

Meguiars water magnet is what you need to get. It's £11.99 from halfords. I got 2 and they dry the car no probs and don't scratch.

tesco microfibre towels are exactly the same material and 'suckability' from my experience and at 86p each, an absolute bargain!!

my cleaning routine >> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=40580

img3606vr5.jpg

got new pics on the weekend after recently using blackfire wet diamond after wash products, looks even better now! :)

drew

Jesus,that's the cleanest car I think I've ever seen.
Or certainly the best photo to illustrate the cleanliness.
Well done,either way.

****** hell!!!!!!! And its a black car! Can't see no swirls or anything??!! Mint, well done!

Thanks a lot guys

One last thing - what do you use to apply the wax?

Buckas - you don't seem to have waxing in your routine?

Meguires do these foam pads that are ace for applying wax.
Machine washable too.

visit polished bliss www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Rich & Clark are a fountain of good information - they sponsor the cleaning section of this website and gave me all the advice I needed on looking after my car.
I can't recommend them enough!

KARL said:
Thanks a lot guys

One last thing - what do you use to apply the wax?

Buckas - you don't seem to have waxing in your routine?
nope sorry, that's just the washing routine after pics, got some on the weekend including polish pics, shall put them up later on :sm4:

next would be Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish applied and buffed off with a normal tesco's microfibre, then Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, applied and buffed off with a normal tesco's microfibre then poorboys natty wax applied and buffed off with a normal tesco's microfibre - you'll have no arm left after all that but it looks good! ;)

also, after the alloys + tyres have been done and dried, and tyre gel applied - make sure alloys are dry and use a normal megs polish on the rims applied and buffed off with a normal tesco's microfibre, then apply a coat (or two) of poorboys wheel sealant to seal them from gathering brake dust on them, and they stay shiny for longer :sm4:

you see i use a lot tesco's microfibre towels, but they're only 86p each and use them for everything including drying after rinse

drew

buckas said:
you see i use a lot tesco's microfibre towels, but they're only 86p each and use them for everything including drying after rinse

Sorry,but I just want to make sure here..
You don't throw them away after one use,do you ?

nah, you keep and re-use them - just keep them in small bags (sandwich bags i use) so you know which one you used for which product, don't get confuzzled then :sm4:

think they've changed the packaging now, might say towel

drew

Thank gowd for that,I thought you were getting waaaay too extreme for a minute !
I was sure the Tesco ones I got had a picture of a car on them,I could be mistaken.
They were definitely in the car section though.
When I say 'car section',I mean one end-of-aisle shelf,along with some WD40 and a bulb.

;-)

buckas said:

Anyone that has a Costco nearby you can get a pack of 24 Microfibre towels for £5.99 (40cm square) I find these very good and they are so cheap you can bin them rather than wash them.

Mark