R8's...........A good few of them!

sat1983

Reaction score
DSC00880.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

Spotted in yorkshire:icon_thumright:

wow, you'd think they'd be a bit more secured up than that wouldn't ya? unless the photographer had to perform a SAS obstacle stylee journey to get there? :S

i would have thought they would be more protected ie from the elements!

i wouldnt be too pleased to know that my R8 had been sitting in a stone filled field before collection :(

Common as muck. I was speaking to one of the salesmen at Aberdeen Audi last week. Apparently they've sold 30.

recomdos said:
wow, you'd think they'd be a bit more secured up than that wouldn't ya? unless the photographer had to perform a SAS obstacle stylee journey to get there? :S

The lack of security when storing/transporting cars amazes me.
We drove down to Scunthorpe not so long ago and saw a transporter full of Ferraris.
Unless the driver was Chuck Norris,that was a hijack waiting to happen.
Seriously,you'd think they'd be a bit more 'cloak and dagger' about high risk/high value cars,but evidently not.
Christ,I cover all the windows when I transport a £7K bike by van !

Eeef said:
but externally it was completely uninspiring.

If you only showed me the photo of the rear ends,I'd assume they were just the new TT.

I wish you people would stop sneaking into my back yard with cameras. The R8s are outside because the veyrons are taking up all my garage space!

bowfer said:
The lack of security when storing/transporting cars amazes me.
We drove down to Scunthorpe not so long ago and saw a transporter full of Ferraris.
Unless the driver was Chuck Norris,that was a hijack waiting to happen.
Seriously,you'd think they'd be a bit more 'cloak and dagger' about high risk/high value cars,but evidently not.
Christ,I cover all the windows when I transport a £7K bike by van !

I did a job at a DHL Logistics car storage facility at Alconbury Airfield in Cambidgeshire. They had thousands of Range-Rovers, Land-Rovers, new shape Mondeo's and even a few Astons stored there.
The same facility does the PDI's on them and I was told that the ECU's on the cars are programmed on the production line to only start the engine and let it run at low revs to get it on and off transporters. No other systems on the car are switched on ie: lights, indicators, wipers etc. The facility flashes the cars with the correct programming during its PDI's process. The guy I was talking to there was saying that due to this the risks of cars being stolen was nil. Its possibly the same story with other cars which maybe explains the lack of security.

What was more shocking was the number of cars with bonnets and doors missing that were in the body shop being repaired and resprayed, even on the Range-Rovers and Astons!!! :no:

The facility flashes the cars with the correct programming during its PDI's process. The guy I was talking to there was saying that due to this the risks of cars being stolen was nil. Its possibly the same story with other cars which maybe explains the lack of security./QUOTE]

I suppose that will stop the opportunist thief,but I can't see something like this stopping professionals,can you ?
Maybe I watch too many films,I dunno !

bowfer said:
If you only showed me the photo of the rear ends,I'd assume they were just the new TT.

Completely agree...

very nice my old man is currently considering one instead of the a6 and tt

staz1000 said:
Completely disagree! I think the back end is stunning. Very low and wide.:hubbahubba:

It is good to disagree, and unlike some most of us can accept different opinions...

When I looked at the rear picture, the first car I saw was the second one in and I thought "TT".

I am sure in the flesh it will look great, but as usual, to some it will not be flash enough (if it was it would be branded by the same people as "chav").

Saw an A5 on the road today with the LED's on the front and it looked great, and then a red S5 at the dealer...gorgeous wheels....loads of people saying it looks like the 3 coupe, to me it looks like a 3 coupe beater...

bowfer said:

I agree, a field of TTs. But hey, each to their own, what do i know. I like Volvo V50s

Boydie said:
i would have thought they would be more protected ie from the elements!

i wouldnt be too pleased to know that my R8 had been sitting in a stone filled field before collection :(

ABSOLUTELY

normski said:
I am sure in the flesh it will look great, but as usual, to some it will not be flash enough (if it was it would be branded by the same people as "chav")

Nope, it doesn't. It doesn't even have as much prescence as an RS4.

normski said:
I am sure in the flesh it will look great,

Ah norm you've got to see it in the flesh! I saw the pics and it didn't do anything for me but at the dealers me and the misus were all over it when I was supposed to be showing her the S3! lol

Eeef said:
Nope, it doesn't. It doesn't even have as much prescence as an RS4.

But of course that's just your opinion, to many it will be the stuff of dreams...

Went into the Doncaster Stealership today and saw one up close. Must admit it did look stunning. Tried to get inside but they'd locked it! . . . . . A locked car in a showroom?!?!

Should have just gone to the field instead! ha ha

Saw one on 1st June at local dealer and thought it looked amazing!

Yes similar to a new TT but not so much its a lookalike, very nice noise on startup and revving it!!

Apparently there is a technical bulletin going round from Audi Germany saying the front end will have trouble going over certain UK speedhumps.....

It did look very low when i inspected it.

My first post - found the forum whilst looking for photos to help me choose colour of new A3 and you've all been entertaining me since order placed in April - thank you.

I saw two R8s at the weekend on the road and I have to say they look great, even perhaps a little flash with the lights (though I like them). The first was black coming towards me and it has real presence and impact, far more than in the pictures.