Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

what bugs me most about my A3

is if it is raining and I have to open my side window. I get soaked with the amount of water that runs in.

Me thinks I'll need to find side wind deflectors.
    2007 A3 2.0tdi (170ps) Quattro.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I'll second that !!

Bloody stupid design. The Mk4 Golf had a gutter that took the water up and away over the roof so this didn't happen. I hate it when it's raining and you go to put your ticket in the car park machine and get a soaking.

It has a unique knack of letting you open the window fully and then, without notice, dumping the entire water content of the roof inside the car.
    I'm an optimist but I don't think it helps much.

A3 8P 2.0TDi S-Line Sportback DSG

Boydie
    annoys me too mate - get the arm soaked plus the interior!

VOIP Dude

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie
    annoys me too mate - get the arm soaked plus the interior!
    Agreed!!! I mentioned this to the dealer when I had my last one, and he agreed and said just one of those bad design things. Maybe they weren't tested in the rain!!!

My bosses new A6 does it too!

It was raining when mine was delivered, and as I opened the door, gave the electric window switches a good soaking. Now, they forget they are configured with one touch at least once a day, and half the time the rears dont work unless I activate the rear window over-ride and deactivate it again
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

Status
    Yep, happens to me too. Bit worrying when the water rushes all over the electric window switches - that can't be good!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

6th Gear

Status
    Audi seem to have an issue with rain in general !
    As my drive to work this morning reminded me,their 'bright idea' that wipers should stop when the car does is downright bloody dangerous.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

6th Gear

Status
    Totally agree with this one, find it really annoying
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Audi seem to have an issue with rain in general !
    As my drive to work this morning reminded me,their 'bright idea' that wipers should stop when the car does is downright bloody dangerous.
    The wipers on my A3 don't stop when I do. Not sure if that's because I have automatic wipers as standard (being an SE) or because it's newer than yours.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver

Status
    i agree the same happens here too

its worse on my mums A3 as she has the cream material in the centre of her seats and it getas watwer stained all the time

I thinks its due to there being no roof rail guide on the A3 , if you look at the roof its very flat with only a very very small lip along the top of the windows , this must not be enought to divert the rain

very poor really for a quality car

LAND ROVER DEFENDER 2.5 Td5
    EGR valve removed, DE-cat down pipe, Turbo boost pressure increased to 22 psi, Upgraded full size intercooler, Stage 3 remap, single mass flywheel conversion, with performance pressure plate and racing friction disc. 210hp 500 Nm

The Audi A3 2.0 TDI S line DSG Has gone and forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    I seem to have been really unlucky with my choices, or maybe it's just something most manufacturers miss?

My 2 Ford Pumas (which I loved) used to flood the boot if you opened it in the rain and the windows were just as bad, my Rav4 did the same when you opened the back door - the angle of the door, and the flat top with the spoiler was just at the right angle to pour everything right in the back door!

I have to admit, it was the last thing I expected with an Audi though and for me it is my main niggle - in fact my only one so far.