what bugs me most about my A3

Scottie

Reaction score
is if it is raining and I have to open my side window. I get soaked with the amount of water that runs in.:motz:

Me thinks I'll need to find side wind deflectors.:faint:

I'll second that !!

****** stupid design. The Mk4 Golf had a gutter that took the water up and away over the roof so this didn't happen. I hate it when it's raining and you go to put your ticket in the car park machine and get a soaking.

It has a unique knack of letting you open the window fully and then, without notice, dumping the entire water content of the roof inside the car.

Boydie said:
annoys me too mate - get the arm soaked plus the interior!

Agreed!!! I mentioned this to the dealer when I had my last one, and he agreed and said just one of those bad design things. Maybe they weren't tested in the rain!!!

My bosses new A6 does it too!

It was raining when mine was delivered, and as I opened the door, gave the electric window switches a good soaking. Now, they forget they are configured with one touch at least once a day, and half the time the rears dont work unless I activate the rear window over-ride and deactivate it again:mad:

Yep, happens to me too. Bit worrying when the water rushes all over the electric window switches - that can't be good!

Audi seem to have an issue with rain in general !
As my drive to work this morning reminded me,their 'bright idea' that wipers should stop when the car does is downright ****** dangerous.

Audi seem to have an issue with rain in general !
As my drive to work this morning reminded me,their 'bright idea' that wipers should stop when the car does is downright ****** dangerous.

The wipers on my A3 don't stop when I do. Not sure if that's because I have automatic wipers as standard (being an SE) or because it's newer than yours.

i agree the same happens here too

its worse on my mums A3 as she has the cream material in the centre of her seats and it getas watwer stained all the time

I thinks its due to there being no roof rail guide on the A3 , if you look at the roof its very flat with only a very very small lip along the top of the windows , this must not be enought to divert the rain

very poor really for a quality car

:tumble:

I seem to have been really unlucky with my choices, or maybe it's just something most manufacturers miss?

My 2 Ford Pumas (which I loved) used to flood the boot if you opened it in the rain and the windows were just as bad, my Rav4 did the same when you opened the back door - the angle of the door, and the flat top with the spoiler was just at the right angle to pour everything right in the back door!

I have to admit, it was the last thing I expected with an Audi though:nunu: and for me it is my main niggle - in fact my only one so far.