Audi Driving Experience

I'd really like to do the advanced course too!! Did they mention any further details?

JohnS3 said:
I'd really like to do the advanced course too!! Did they mention any further details?

Not really, but I am expecting a questionnaire soon lobbying interest, so when I get it I will post the details.

Yep I'm up for the advanced course :)

Myabe we could do a mini ASN ADE!

I signed up to the the ADE mailing list so hopefully I should find out out the details when they are available.

How did you sign up for the ADE mailing list? I didn't see it on the Audi website.

Send an email to ade@audi-events.co.uk telling them you'd be interested in hearing about further events and they'll contact you as soon as information about new events becomes available.

Sorry, I wrongly thought Audi might not like the email address being given out on a forum. Looking on the Audi UK website they already have the contact details there anyway:redface:.

Well, I was so 'touched' by the whole experience, the day, the driver instructors and the whole feel of the place, I have just booked for the British Grand Prix 2008. I have always wanted to experience the Grand Prix atmosphere and after visiting Silverstone and getting the 'lay the land' it has got me off my butt ...

Thought I'd bring this old thread back to life to see if there is still any interest in doing the advanced ADE. I received the following today from Audi:

Advanced Audi Driving Experience is here!

Audi UK is delighted to confirm that the eagerly awaited Advanced Audi Driving Experience is coming to the UK from April 2008.

As a valued participant of the Audi Driving Experience, we wanted you to be one of the first to know about the new advanced course, which we are offering.

Below is a sneak preview of what you can expect from the day at Rockingham.

• The Advanced Audi Driving Experience will be held at Rockingham motor speedway, which is located nr Corby, Northamptonshire.

• The skills discovered at Silverstone, will be further developed, as we move to ‘on-track’ activities, using the technically demanding ‘National Circuit’ at Rockingham.

• A one day course.

• There will be two people per car, which ensures plenty time behind the wheel, whilst also being able to observe and learn from your driving partner.

• Top models from the Audi performance range, including the stunning Audi R8.

• Cost per person - £599 inc VAT. Payable at the time of the booking.

Available Dates:

22, 23, 24 April
29, 30 & 31 May
1 & 2 June
22, 23, 24 & 25 July

Please contact us to check availability, as things change constantly.

Book your place now before everyone else finds out later this month.

This event is only available to participants who have successfully completed the Audi Driving Experience at Silverstone.

Please contact the Audi Events Team to secure your place on the Advanced Audi Driving Experience at Rockingham. Terms & Conditions apply. Full details of this event will be forwarded with your booking confirmation.

We look forward to welcoming you.

So are there any people here that would be up for doing this?

i did one of these driving experience days, albeit "Seat" branded, we had Cupra's, Fr TSFI's and FR TDI's to play with.

It was not about who can set the fastest lap times, but exercises to show you what the car is capable of, basically the ESP side of things.

i really enjoyed it, the instructors where ex-copper instructors, racing instructors and Jason Plato.

We put the cars through their paces, emergency lane changes at 70, slalom at high speed, braking and lane changing, and correcting oversteer.

It was all for the princely sum of £0!

Would i pay £400 for it - YES and Yes again, I now know what my car can and will do in an emergency, it was apt training for situations that you may encounter on the road, and in Cars that we can drive.

Great day all round, and yes i have been to other driver days, including the single seaters, but this was far more "real-life" and apt for the road.

Dave R

Cost per person - £599 inc VAT. Payable at the time of the booking.

So are there any people here that would be up for doing this?

I'm certainly interested, but would have to see if we can get the price down. I did the Silverstone experience last year and after talking to many of the other participants, I was one of a few that actually paid for it myself! The rest were on freebies from Audi. :no:

Oh and this years Silverstone experience is £499 with 30 participants, last year it was £399 for 24, so you get less time in the cars.....

Yes I agree, hopefully we might be able to get some sort of discount if a few of us from this forum go.

Hey all,

I've just got back from Silverstone and the ADE. I have to say that having done a number of different track-related experience days etc. that this day, although expensive, was in fact value for money. A quick justification of this (because others have posted the details far more eloquently than I can do) I got to Silverstone at 8:30, by 9:30 I was in the driving seat of A 3.2 TT and about 5 minutes later was doing my first run through a slalom course (with ESP on). After numerous runs without ESP (lots of fun) and about 50 mins in the car (of which 20-25 was in the driving seat) we drove back to base, jumped into an S5 and within another 5 minutes or so we were learning how to control understeer. In all I've worked out the time in the driving seat was about 2 1/4 hours, whereas time in the cars ( including RS4 :)) was about 4 1/2 hours (not including time sitting in the instructors cars, or briefings).

The cost was about £500. In 2006 I paid £150 for an Evo magazine Caterham Drift day. I think in total I probably had about 20 minutes behind the wheel, with the remainder of the entire day standing around in the pouring rain. In my experience this is not uncommon with experience days, more's the pity.

I liked the fact that no time is wasted by instructors/drivers changing cars/seats and private briefings. Everyone has a receiving radio in their car and the instructor knows everything, even when you think they're not looking.

Oh yeah, did I mention I got to drive an RS4 :) ..... and the instructor showed us what happens when you over-correct oversteer... he did a 360 degree spin through a pair of cones - superb Thanks Jan! :D

Hope this helps others who might be thinking of doing this.

Cheers, and drive safely.

wigginer (< I meant KRL sorry), I wonder if I was on the same day as you... its identical.

Bacon sarnie in the morning was great after the drive down from Sheff as was the food for the rest of the day.

The exercises were great, and useable... but the best was definately the trip round the course with the Swedish bloke in the RS4... there was smoke coming off the tyres when we got back... and I filmed it from the back window though most of it looks like Im looking straight forward due to all the sideways action, which he said wasn't the fastest way round the track but was the most fun! HELL YEAH!!

[ytv]okpS1qMG7oQ[/ytv]

I have the vids on my youtube for some of the other action.

wigginer, I wonder if I was on the same day as you... its identical.

Bacon sarnie in the morning was great after the drive down from Sheff as was the food for the rest of the day.

The exercises were great, and useable... but the best was definately the trip round the course with the Swedish bloke in the RS4... there was smoke coming off the tyres when we got back... and I filmed it from the back window though most of it looks like Im looking straight forward due to all the sideways action, which he said wasn't the fastest way round the track but was the most fun! HELL YEAH!!

[ytv]okpS1qMG7oQ[/ytv]

I have the vids on my youtube for some of the other action.

Hi Kontraband,

You were actually on the experience with me, I recognise the video!

We were partners for the day and did all the driving exercises together - remember me spinning the TT!?

So would you be up for the advanced day?

AHHAHAHAH brilliant KRL!! How you doing mate?? I thought it was the other fella that said it... but reading back now I see it was your story he was quoting... I remember them RS4 drivers too... scary!!

I guess you know now then that that day probably swayed me from BM to Audi!! Great laff...

and hell yeah, I remember you spinning the TT!! How could I forget them wipers batting after you spun.

[ytv]FPKmAszs1o0[/ytv]

And that we were BY FAR THE BEST DRIVERS ON THE DAY!! BWHAHAHAH

Advanced day? Dunno... dont want to spread £600 on it at this point start of the year is never any good for me. :tumble:

Yeah I'm good mate thanks. I see you are doing well (well you must be as you are driving around in brand new S3!)

I was hoping that if we could get a few people interested in this then Audi might give us a discount. Not looking good at the moment though, might have to go solo!