BIG UP Superchips BLUEFIN !!!!!!!!

stevehsv868

Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver
Reaction score
After using my PSI power box for about 5 months, and being happy with it , as it gives great gains for a simple plug in system.

I decided to go for more , so after much reaserch I went for the superchips Bluefin, as it need to be swithcable, (warrenty)

I uploaded the moddifed program onto my car last night, and i took it for a test drive. needless to say the results were great.

the engine runs smoother, the power delivery is excellent very smooth, no sharp power spikes at 2,000 rpm like i had on my old golf 130

it revs feely, and pulls straight to 4,000 revs with no sign of slowing.

and i still managed 51 mpg at 80 mph on the M6 this morning

and if you drive it like my mum would its lovely and smooth, and unless you put your foot down, its nice and tame.

All in all its a excellent peice of kit, and even better i managed to get the price down to £530 form £599 , just by mentioning audi-sport.net and ukmivs.net

all in all im very impressed with the superchips Bluefin

but i would recomend some bigger brakes, mine were very hot, and the discs were blue, after my test drive last night.

I think its time for a big brake upgrade.

:thumbsup:

Sounds good. How do you find the DSG handles the extra power? I was considering the Bluefin remap as well, but wasn't sure whether the DSG is up to the increased torque.

I'm having the wifes 2.0tdi DSG bluefinned on 11th Aug so I also post the results, mines a transfer as the map/handset was on my previous A4 2.0tdi, I have spoken to Jamie at Superchips who is the Tech director and basically they reduce the amount of torque created by the remap to compensate for DSG, they are a superb company with outstanding service.

alanjonesbath said:
Sounds good. How do you find the DSG handles the extra power? I was considering the Bluefin remap as well, but wasn't sure whether the DSG is up to the increased torque.
Ive had my DSG A3 done since Feb this year. Love it. No trouble at all and i drive the thing like i stole it most of the time...:)

alanjonesbath said:

Yes i was worried how the DSG would handle the extra power, after hearing how (apparently) they cannot handel as much tourque as a conventional clutch.

But i have heard off serverl tunners that they have no probwlms with the DSG box handeling the extra power, I was also assured by superchips that the DSG would be handle the extra power , without issue.

I am pleased to say they are correct, the DSG handels the power extremly well, makes for great acceleration off the lights.

all in all im very pleased

the Bluefin is a absolute must for any 2.0 TDI 140

:racer:

alas - not for TDI 170 owners boo hooooo!!

so i'll have to get an original tuning box instead!! 204bhp!!