Self-healing paint???? (bird-droppings)

steve184

Reaction score
well always had a problem with bird droppings on both 8P A3's ive owned... but recently had a strange occurence.

Had some on the roof - poss been there a few hours - cleaned it off, leathered it dry and definately seen an 'etching' in the paint. Weather looked bad so didn't bother polishing to try and improve. Few days later had another look and the marks had disappeared and the paint was perfect! - explain that one!

nope - dull day on both days - same light conditions, viewed on same driveway - i have inspected it very very closely and there is no mark whatsoever left - the paint is flawless

Heat - not that there is much in the UK at the moment. My paint guy repaired my bird poo nightmare with his heat lamps. I watched the etching disapear before my eyes.

Chris.

well there was definately no heat either on those few days - bt the mark certainly dissapeared all by itself (which i was quite happy about!) but strangely this doesn't always happen (unfortunately!)

thats the mystery of life for u, if only my swirl marks made by a garage disappeared!

It's the Audi paint fairies. They come in the night and repair any paint defects you have. Unfortunately most of us won't see them because they are so busy, owing to Audi's paint quality being so *****.

:hi:

haha - well they managed to squeeze me in this time - so thankyou to the paint fairies!