Getting new tyres for the A3 on Friday!

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered some new tyres ready to be fitted on Friday.

Ordered 4 Goodyear F1's 225/40/18's Extra Load.

£430 all in which works out to be £107.50 each which i personally think is a great price!

Jjust had 4 of those (gsd3's) fitted last thursday. £420 fitted.
Happy with them so far although still scrubbing them in really.
good sidewall protections and these road noise seems a lot quieter than the Pirreli PZero's that were on before.
they have got a new version out but were a touch more expensive, considering the old one's had such good reviews off so many people i thought id just go with them instead.

Happy so far....

I got mine at a local tyre firm in cardiff. It was cheaper to get them there supplied, fitted, balanced etc...

But you can order them from www.mytyres.co.uk and get them fitted yourself. You will need to add on about £12-£20 for fitting each wheel.
so if i were you i would phone local places for a price for them to supply and fit, and also ask them just how much to fit.

Thats what i did which helped me realise that it was acutally wasnt
cheaper to order the tyres on:line.

Some places don't seem very keen on fitting only, I called a few local and they supply and fit only

IF your localish in Surrey? you shouldve gone to Martins Tyres £376 fitted last time I went there. I got GSD3 235/40 instead for £412 fitted. Wanted a bit more width as the ride is crap in the Sline.

Yea i'm in Surrey area, Croydon to be exact. Where abouts is Martins Tyres? Would they do allignment as well?

I was planning to order the tyre from mytyres then get them fitted at TuningWerkes

dammmn i must have got conned yesterday, i payed 172.50 for one avon tyre

I've just been to National Tyres (I'm on Maintenance still) and they've said that they are going to be replacing my P-Zeros with Conti Contact Sports... are they any good? Am i gonna regret letting them change them for Conti's?

wilko said:
I've just been to National Tyres (I'm on Maintenance still) and they've said that they are going to be replacing my P-Zeros with Conti Contact Sports... are they any good? Am i gonna regret letting them change them for Conti's?

Sport Contacts came standard on my car.
In isolation they're fine.
However,the F1's and Dunlop sportmaxxes I've tried since are better.

Audi are now using Conti's on their new cars now instead of the Pirelli's.

I am finding the F1's so much better than the PZero's i had on before, so much more wet weather traction!

Was thinking about changing from PZeros myself. (17") Have spoken to my neighbour, who works for ATS, and he said that Dunlops and Goodyears are quite bad for road noise, Wear is not supposed to be brilliant either, The last thing I want is noisier tyres, as the ones I've got now are bad enough.

I've always found Pirelli tyres to be really noisy in what ever forms I have had them. The eagle F1s are quieter than the Rossos that came on my A3 and the wear grade is much better.

I think the new F1 Asymmetric's are quieter then my old Pzeros. Other than that, I really can't tell any difference?

Well after having them changed I would never go back to the Pzero's. The conti's are so much quieter, and have loads of grip in the dry (when we have it) and the wet (seeing as it's always raining at the min).

I recomend them... apart from the fact that the guy in the National Tyres place said that the 4 tyres would have cost me £670 if I wasn't on the maintenance thingy. Seems alot if you ask me...

When I rang National for a quote he told me to go to tyreshopper.co.uk and check the prices there. It looks like they're an internet price comparison site who match the best price on the 'net from anyone else and then use National depots for fitting.

I've just ordered the newer Conti 3s in 225-40-18 and they were just £116 per corner all in, fitted....

Getting them fitted next Thursday.

I've just spotted that the same site is advertising Pirelli PZero run-flats in the same size for just £45 each fitted!!!!!!