S3 Insurance

showyS3

Gooner4life
Reaction score
As some of you know I picked up my car on thursday, I was given a 7 day free cover from the dealer. I also recieved documents through the post today, and on closer inspection I realised they had my car down as a quattro tdi and not an S3, So for the last few days I have been driving with out insurance. I know I should have checked but My dealer had the car taxed should they have not realised the mistake.

I then called today and after nearly 1 1/2 hours on the phone with them I managed to change it, but they had to go back to the original telephone conversation and check.

This is my first Audi and so far the customer service I have been recieving at my dealer has not been great, It seems once they sell you the car they dont want to know.

I also managed to get a quote from Audi Insurance for my S3, They quoted me an amazing £6700.00.

Im 23 I have no NCD, I live in the Midlands this is going to be my first Insurance where im the policyholder. I have been suprised at how much insurers vary from one another, after searching all day I managed to arrange cover for £2100 which considering my circumstances I think is a good price I was expecting to pay around the £3000.00 mark.

So Im happy:icon_thumright:

Wow. I wish I could be happy about paying £2100 for insurance :)

I suppose if you can afford it then why not but it just seems like money down the drain to me.

Good luck on the new car and I agree, Dealers are so helpful when they are selling and not so good when they are sorting problems.

marms said:
Wow. I wish I could be happy about paying £2100 for insurance :)

I suppose if you can afford it then why not but it just seems like money down the drain to me.

Good luck on the new car and I agree, Dealers are so helpful when they are selling and not so good when they are sorting problems.

Trust me Im happy especially after seeing some of the quotes.

It is a lot of money but im hoping it will go down a bit after a year.

ShowyS3 who are you insured with?

Im 20 NCB going on dads policy on S3 ( 5NCB )....

Going to be about 1900 squids.

So your 23, got a 30 grand motor, and can afford 2k a year insurance. I bet the ladies love you! ;)

Bl@@dy hell!
You must have deep pockets mate!
29 yrs old, 11 yrs no claims, clean licence, central London £560 fully comp!
That'll be the Privilege!!!

I hate to say it, but i didn;'t see any significant drop in my insrurange till I was 27.

Good for you sorting it all in your own name though.

davidmann said:
ShowyS3 who are you insured with?

Im 20 NCB going on dads policy on S3 ( 5NCB )....

Going to be about 1900 squids.

I Insured with elaphant.com, Ive never had experience of them before so fingers crossed they will be up to the job if I ever need to use them.

d3fy
Im strictly a one woman man.

jamiekip
It was either get the motor or go in to a 25 year mortgage, I think Ill leave it a few more years.

I mean I will have to get my own place soon but I say enjoy it while you can.:)

jamiekip said:
29 yrs old, 11 yrs no claims, clean licence, central London £560 fully comp!
That'll be the Privilege!!!quote]

Similar to me.. but only 8 yrs no claims, no tracker - insurance is.. wait for it.. £1K !!!!.. with Privilege the robbing barstewards :(

-Sal-

I agree with only young once comments, have some fun.

If it makes you feel better I was paying just over a grand in 1992 as a 26year old and it was worth every penny, insurance had just gone through the roof on all 'Hot Hatches' with mine doubling overnight but I'd still do it again, if it makes you smile and you can afford it - well worth it!

2 years later sold the fast cars bought a house and then slowly worked my way back up, in fact if times got hard I'd rather sell the house for a smaller one and keep the nice cars every time :0

Swiftcover.com

29yr old, 9 yrs no claims, no points, garaged 10k miles a year, protected no claims.......£454!!!