Emission Control System light's on.

dkelly

Reaction score
As the title suggests the light has just come on. Does anyone have any answers.

I have an (04) 2.0 tdi sport which has 62k on it and this light has just come on. There's no power loss, fuel consumption is the same, the engine runs fine, apart from the light you'd never know.

I'll get it checked out Monday, but do ya think its OK to drive?

Cheers

DK

my emission control light came on after i disconnected the vacum pipe to the EGR valve (exhaust gas recirculation valve) have a look round there , its monunted on the intake manifold.

and the emision control light came on my mums 2.0 TDI that was the intake flat motor, which is mounted below the EGR valve.

I will check this thanks.

I thought i read that somewhere else. i think you did it to stop the hesitation, and it did but left the light on. I still have my hesitation.

I'll take it to APS tomorrow, as they a very local, and get it diagnosed.

I have searched in here and it has happened to others and the cause seems to be a relay for the glow plugs.

If it is the intake flap motor - it will usually also take out one of the fuses in the Engine fuse box and from memory this is also used by the fan controller.

There is an Audi TSB on the subject of the Intake Flap I had one changed under warranty a few months ago.

Paul

I had the same problem on mine a few weeks ago, 54 plate 2.0tdi. I had the Flap Motor replaced under Warranty.

Check your oil cap under the bonnet. My emission light came on, although all seemed ok with the car. Audi roadside technician found that the oil cap was slightly undone, although I had not touched it since day one of ownership. The technician found a small piece of plastic had broken off it and replaced the cap for me. Fine since. However, it took him longer to re-configure the engine software and do all his checks on his laptop than it took him to drive to an Audi dealership and back with the new cap! Superb service though in my opinion.

Thanks for your help guy's. It was the EGR.

APS diagnosed it and it'll be replaced on Thursday. Out of warranty unfortunately. but there you go.

Once again thanks. DK

It was the throttle body that had jamed and caused the fuse to melt affecting a fan and the aircon.

Al sorted now.

There was an Audi TSB on that so you should really have had that done FOC by Audi.

Hi Gti Jazz Blue

I called Audi and my dealer and they said no as it was out of warranty so NO! They were quite straight about it.

The car is 3 months and 2k miles out.

Thanks for your help though.

DK

I guess then it would have had to be Sale of Goods Act as it is a known faulty component.