Finally placed an order for S3!

IH786

Reaction score
Hi

Some of you may know that i've been looking to buy a new S3 for a few months now. Well yesterday I actually placed my order :)

The best thing of all is, I managed to get a seriously good discount at the first dealer I went into (Birmingham Audi). The spec I have gone for is:

Ibis White
Bucket Seats
Black Headlining
Folding Door Mirrors
Interior Light Pack
Front Centre Armrest
Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Cruise Control
BOSE

And RS4 style 18" rims, if I can confirm that these are available. I read a post from normski (PM sent mate) that said you can, but my dealer isn't so sure :confused:

Altogether, allowing £600 for the alloys, the price came to just under £30600. When I had my test drive, I told the salesman, "I know what spec I want, and I know how much I want to pay, and I will go anywhere to get the price I want". He asked what price I wanted to pay, and I told him £29000, a 5% discount.

After discussion with his manager, he said he would be willing to match this, which was shocking because he told me they don't give any discounts on S3's usually. But this was the price not including the alloys (£30000).

I decided to go down after work yesterday, as I work just across the road from the dealers. And I said I would be willing to buy, if you can give it to me for £29000 with the alloys included. I specced the BBS rims as an option to bring the price back upto £30600.

After what seemed like an eternity, the salesman got back to me from his manager and told me he would be willing to match my price, if I put the deposit down today :) :)

TBH is was shocked, I never thought I would be able to get that much of a discount at the first dealer I went into, especially judging by some of the posts I have encountered here. And the best thing was it wasn't even that hard to get it :cool:

When I have my deposit to the business manager and he was processing my invoice, he put the price at £30000. I told him, "its for £29000, not £30000". He didn't believe me! He had to go to the salesman to confirm the price. When he got back he was stunned I got that much off! Made me feel good though!

Anyway my delivery date is mid-September, so until then i'll have to be crawl around in my mom's 1litre Yaris :crying: , but i'm sure the wait will be worth it :)

Good work fella :icon_thumright: Mines on order too, hopefully be here round the end of August. I got a very tidy discount as well so good deals are possible!!

IH786 said:
And RS4 style 18" rims, if I can confirm that these are available. I read a post from normski (PM sent mate) that said you can, but my dealer isn't so sure :confused:

I tried to get these wheels on mine, dealer contacted Audi Uk, I was told no chance. I was glad anyway as having seen the wheels on another car since, I was not impressed, they look cheap and tacky IMO. Not a patch on the RS4 wheels.
Nice car anyway, well done getting the discount love to hear about the stealers getting fleeced.

Enjoy when it arrives, you won't be disapointed.

Mark

markwiggy said:
I tried to get these wheels on mine, dealer contacted Audi Uk, I was told no chance. I was glad anyway as having seen the wheels on another car since, I was not impressed, they look cheap and tacky IMO. Not a patch on the RS4 wheels.
Nice car anyway, well done getting the discount love to hear about the stealers getting fleeced.

Enjoy when it arrives, you won't be disapointed.

Mark

Damn! I really wanted those alloys. I personally have rung Audi CS twice asking them if they are available in the UK. The first time I was promised a call back, but never got one. I've just rung them again, and they promised another call back Monday morning.......

At the moment I have specced BBS alloys. They were on the car I took for a test drive, and they looked great against the Dolphin Grey colour. However I don't think they will look as good on a white car.

This is the only picture I have seen with them on a white car:

Compared to the standard wheels:

I'm not so sure the BBS alloys look that good. I could get the standard alloys and have a sunroof and tyre pressure sensors for the same price. What do you think I should do :think: :think:

Wayside Audi have these wheels on a Moro blue ccar (I have pics and will post when I remember). Anyway - I am glad now I have seen them I stuck with the stock wheels, as I think they are very colour specific - maybe just personnal taste.

Great choice and discount thought :D

IH786 said:
When I have my deposit to the business manager and he was processing my invoice, he put the price at £30000. I told him, "its for £29000, not £30000". He didn't believe me! He had to go to the salesman to confirm the price. When he got back he was stunned I got that much off! Made me feel good though!

Classic dealer trick that one!

CJP80 said:
Classic dealer trick that one!

Dunno if it was a trick or if he was geniunely shocked, but it was funny :) I definately wouldn't have fallen for it though!

Shao_khan i agree, the BBS rims just don't suit White. If i can't get the RS4's, i will stick with the standard rims and get the sunroof instead.

However normski has kindly confirmed to me that RS4's are available the last time he checked, and gave me a number for someone at Audi CS :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

IH786 said:
Dunno if it was a trick or if he was geniunely shocked, but it was funny :) I definately wouldn't have fallen for it though!

Shao_khan i agree, the BBS rims just don't suit White. If i can't get the RS4's, i will stick with the standard rims and get the sunroof instead.

However normski has kindly confirmed to me that RS4's are available the last time he checked, and gave me a number for someone at Audi CS :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Was about to post that I returned your PM, but looks like you already know...

normski said:
Was about to post that I returned your PM, but looks like you already know...

Yes mate thanks for your help again :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

There's no such thing as no discount, every dealer has his own margin and its up to him how close to cost he wants to work, I've never paid cost and never will. Well done though 5% is pretty good on such a desireable model and the £1,000 discount makes the final bill easier to swallow.

I like the Guys at B'ham Audi because they are always willing to talk a deal so long as you are direct and serious about purchase, if going for GAP haggle, they quoted me £390 but I ended up paying £230.

Bet you can't wait for the S3 to arrive :)

:)
Spin140 said:
There's no such thing as no discount, every dealer has his own margin and its up to him how close to cost he wants to work, I've never paid cost and never will. Well done though 5% is pretty good on such a desireable model and the £1,000 discount makes the final bill easier to swallow.

I like the Guys at B'ham Audi because they are always willing to talk a deal so long as you are direct and serious about purchase, if going for GAP haggle, they quoted me £390 but I ended up paying £230.

Bet you can't wait for the S3 to arrive :)

I was quoted £350 I think, but I told them I wouldn't agree until I got a few quotes from elsewhere. They were willing to do a deal, so at least I know a more realistic figure :icon_thumright:

And after an incrediably long call to Audi CS and discussions with the dealer, it looks like I will be getting the RS4 18" alloys for the car :cool:

You are right I can't wait :)

Go with the standard S3 alloys but add the black optics grille - looks excellent on Ibis White.

Vertigo1 said:
Go with the standard S3 alloys but add the black optics grille - looks excellent on Ibis White.

Did consider getting the black optic grille but for £300 I thought it was a bit too much, plus the standard S3 grille is pretty good. The more I see them, the more I think the standard S3 alloys are nice, but I think the RS4 type alloys will look even better :)

If you have a decent insurance policy i.e. new vehicle replacement in the first year, you won't need GAP until year 2.