EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Finally placed an order for S3!

Hi

Some of you may know that i've been looking to buy a new S3 for a few months now. Well yesterday I actually placed my order

The best thing of all is, I managed to get a seriously good discount at the first dealer I went into (Birmingham Audi). The spec I have gone for is:

Ibis White
    Bucket Seats
    Black Headlining
    Folding Door Mirrors
    Interior Light Pack
    Front Centre Armrest
    Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    Cruise Control
    BOSE

And RS4 style 18" rims, if I can confirm that these are available. I read a post from normski (PM sent mate) that said you can, but my dealer isn't so sure

Altogether, allowing 600 for the alloys, the price came to just under 30600. When I had my test drive, I told the salesman, "I know what spec I want, and I know how much I want to pay, and I will go anywhere to get the price I want". He asked what price I wanted to pay, and I told him 29000, a 5% discount.

After discussion with his manager, he said he would be willing to match this, which was shocking because he told me they don't give any discounts on S3's usually. But this was the price not including the alloys (30000).

I decided to go down after work yesterday, as I work just across the road from the dealers. And I said I would be willing to buy, if you can give it to me for 29000 with the alloys included. I specced the BBS rims as an option to bring the price back upto 30600.

After what seemed like an eternity, the salesman got back to me from his manager and told me he would be willing to match my price, if I put the deposit down today

TBH is was shocked, I never thought I would be able to get that much of a discount at the first dealer I went into, especially judging by some of the posts I have encountered here. And the best thing was it wasn't even that hard to get it

When I have my deposit to the business manager and he was processing my invoice, he put the price at 30000. I told him, "its for 29000, not 30000". He didn't believe me! He had to go to the salesman to confirm the price. When he got back he was stunned I got that much off! Made me feel good though!

Anyway my delivery date is mid-September, so until then i'll have to be crawl around in my mom's 1litre Yaris , but i'm sure the wait will be worth it

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Good work fella Mines on order too, hopefully be here round the end of August. I got a very tidy discount as well so good deals are possible!!
    "Why So Serious?"

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IH786
    And RS4 style 18" rims, if I can confirm that these are available. I read a post from normski (PM sent mate) that said you can, but my dealer isn't so sure
    I tried to get these wheels on mine, dealer contacted Audi Uk, I was told no chance. I was glad anyway as having seen the wheels on another car since, I was not impressed, they look cheap and tacky IMO. Not a patch on the RS4 wheels.
    Nice car anyway, well done getting the discount love to hear about the stealers getting fleeced.

Enjoy when it arrives, you won't be disapointed.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy
    I tried to get these wheels on mine, dealer contacted Audi Uk, I was told no chance. I was glad anyway as having seen the wheels on another car since, I was not impressed, they look cheap and tacky IMO. Not a patch on the RS4 wheels.
    Nice car anyway, well done getting the discount love to hear about the stealers getting fleeced.

Enjoy when it arrives, you won't be disapointed.

Mark
    Damn! I really wanted those alloys. I personally have rung Audi CS twice asking them if they are available in the UK. The first time I was promised a call back, but never got one. I've just rung them again, and they promised another call back Monday morning.......

At the moment I have specced BBS alloys. They were on the car I took for a test drive, and they looked great against the Dolphin Grey colour. However I don't think they will look as good on a white car.

This is the only picture I have seen with them on a white car:

Compared to the standard wheels:

I'm not so sure the BBS alloys look that good. I could get the standard alloys and have a sunroof and tyre pressure sensors for the same price. What do you think I should do

1st Gear

Status
    Wayside Audi have these wheels on a Moro blue ccar (I have pics and will post when I remember). Anyway - I am glad now I have seen them I stuck with the stock wheels, as I think they are very colour specific - maybe just personnal taste.

Great choice and discount thought :D
    Nothing to see here: Woofdoggy , move along please........

987C

Status

When I have my deposit to the business manager and he was processing my invoice, he put the price at 30000. I told him, "its for 29000, not 30000". He didn't believe me! He had to go to the salesman to confirm the price. When he got back he was stunned I got that much off! Made me feel good though!
    Classic dealer trick that one!
    2008 987C Porsche Cayman S (299 RWHP)
    2007 987 Porsche Boxster S (295 RWHP)
    2007 Audi S3 (330PS)
    2005 Seat Leon FR TDI (195PS)
    2005 Skoda Fabia vRS (175PS)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CJP80
    Classic dealer trick that one!
    Dunno if it was a trick or if he was geniunely shocked, but it was funny I definately wouldn't have fallen for it though!

Shao_khan i agree, the BBS rims just don't suit White. If i can't get the RS4's, i will stick with the standard rims and get the sunroof instead.

However normski has kindly confirmed to me that RS4's are available the last time he checked, and gave me a number for someone at Audi CS

2nd Gear

Status
    Dunno if it was a trick or if he was geniunely shocked, but it was funny I definately wouldn't have fallen for it though!

Shao_khan i agree, the BBS rims just don't suit White. If i can't get the RS4's, i will stick with the standard rims and get the sunroof instead.

However normski has kindly confirmed to me that RS4's are available the last time he checked, and gave me a number for someone at Audi CS
    Was about to post that I returned your PM, but looks like you already know...
    Silver 2007 S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    Was about to post that I returned your PM, but looks like you already know...
    Yes mate thanks for your help again

6th Gear

Status
    There's no such thing as no discount, every dealer has his own margin and its up to him how close to cost he wants to work, I've never paid cost and never will. Well done though 5% is pretty good on such a desireable model and the £1,000 discount makes the final bill easier to swallow.

I like the Guys at B'ham Audi because they are always willing to talk a deal so long as you are direct and serious about purchase, if going for GAP haggle, they quoted me £390 but I ended up paying £230.

Bet you can't wait for the S3 to arrive
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Very nice result, and excellent discount.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Spin140
    There's no such thing as no discount, every dealer has his own margin and its up to him how close to cost he wants to work, I've never paid cost and never will. Well done though 5% is pretty good on such a desireable model and the 1,000 discount makes the final bill easier to swallow.

I like the Guys at B'ham Audi because they are always willing to talk a deal so long as you are direct and serious about purchase, if going for GAP haggle, they quoted me 390 but I ended up paying 230.

Bet you can't wait for the S3 to arrive
    I was quoted 350 I think, but I told them I wouldn't agree until I got a few quotes from elsewhere. They were willing to do a deal, so at least I know a more realistic figure

And after an incrediably long call to Audi CS and discussions with the dealer, it looks like I will be getting the RS4 18" alloys for the car

You are right I can't wait

987C

Status
    GAP Plus is 139 at cost.
    2008 987C Porsche Cayman S (299 RWHP)
    2007 987 Porsche Boxster S (295 RWHP)
    2007 Audi S3 (330PS)
    2005 Seat Leon FR TDI (195PS)
    2005 Skoda Fabia vRS (175PS)

6th Gear

Status
    Go with the standard S3 alloys but add the black optics grille - looks excellent on Ibis White.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    Go with the standard S3 alloys but add the black optics grille - looks excellent on Ibis White.
    Did consider getting the black optic grille but for 300 I thought it was a bit too much, plus the standard S3 grille is pretty good. The more I see them, the more I think the standard S3 alloys are nice, but I think the RS4 type alloys will look even better

Neutral

Status
    If you have a decent insurance policy i.e. new vehicle replacement in the first year, you won't need GAP until year 2.

2007 S3 Phantom Black - All the toys!