Wetterauer ECU Remap - Audi S3 8P

aiculedtzu

under pressure
Reaction score
Yesterday i remapped my car at Wetterauer (a german tuning company well known for it's very aggressive chips). Since my car had a Milltek Turbo Back exhaust and a BMC air filter, i told them to squeeze all the power they can, taking into consideration the high flow exhaust and intake.

The ecu map was ready in about two hours and the car felt very quick. For example when i put the Milltek exhaust and BMC filter on the stock car i gained 13 HP, but i barely felt them. Now was another story, the S3 felt immensely quick so in the evening i made several VAG-COM dyno tests.

The results i got made me speechless as you can see from he graphs.

Mind you, when i dynoed the my stock car with VAG-COM i got 275 HP (the same result as other S3's on normal rolling road dynos), after the Milltek TB exhasut and sport air filter i got 288 HP (+13 HP - normal gain) and now i almost can't belive it:

362 Hp @ 6.680 rpm
414 Nm @ 4.200 rpm
1.9 Bar @ 3.720 rpm

download.php

download.php

Holy cr@p mate thats quite a hike in power :faint: Might get mine remapped soon after i get it, are you going to keep it at that level?

I was told the High Output K04 was only good up to 1.7 bar. Mine peaks at 1.6. I've dyno'd mine at 320bhp since changing the air intake. Still got the standard exhaust.

Crazy numbers though. Don't think the turbo will last long at those boost pressures though.

I wonder how the transmission and haldex will cope with 360+bhp

Its high. High enough for me to be worried if the engine/turbo will last.

The other remaps give around 300hp which I think is within acceptable limits. 360 though.... you might have issues later!

I'm not worried about the Haldex because there are turbocharged R32's with more than 450 HP and the haldex can handle it just fine.

About the remap, maybe i'm going to make a less aggressive map with around 330 Hp but i'm not sure yet. I also talked with some chiptuner firends and all said it's OK if i can respect some rules (like using only high quality engine oil, warming up the engine before i put my foot down, cooling the turbo before i stop, etc). Plus Wetterauer are not amateurs and offered me a warranty of 3 years on the engine, transmission and drive train, so it looks like they are pretty confident about their map.

The only thing that worries me is that boost spike between 3.500 - 4.500 rpm when it reaches 1.9 BAR but i found out that it occurs only when i put my foot down at low rmps (ex. 2.000 rpm, which i had to do it for the dyno measurement). But if i accelerate with full throttle from +3.000 rpm normally the boost shoudn't be bigger than 1.7 BAR which is relatively safe. Anyway i will do more data logging to see how exactly the car behaves and if it see something wrong i will get a 330 HP map.

Nice results, be nice to see how the car is running in 6 months time.

aiculedtzu said:
I'm not worried about the Haldex because there are turbocharged R32's with more than 450 HP and the haldex can handle it just fine.

About the remap, maybe i'm going to make a less aggressive map with around 330 Hp but i'm not sure yet. I also talked with some chiptuner firends and all said it's OK if i can respect some rules (like using only high quality engine oil, warming up the engine before i put my foot down, cooling the turbo before i stop, etc). Plus Wetterauer are not amateurs and offered me a warranty of 3 years on the engine, transmission and drive train, so it looks like the are pretty confident about their map.
Could you post Wetterauer's contact details?

@ TDI-line,
I will keep collecting data with Vag-Com and if i find something wrong i will get a less aggressive map. So far, i enjoy the smashing performance :)

@sui00adg,
http://www.wetterauer.de/

Getting some impressive figures there.
When I had my Revo remap done there was opportunity to raise the Boost higher but I think there is a point at which you are pushing the car or that individual part beyond its safe opporating limits. An F1 car has an engine made to last 2 races, they will be on the limits to make it last 2 races balenced with best performance. A road car on the other hand needs to last years and so I think that high boost you're running may bring the life of the turbo to a premature end? personally I feel the 300ish BHP the Revo gives me is about right, plenty of raw power but without over stressing anything?

copperband said:
Getting some impressive figures there.
When I had my Revo remap done there was opportunity to raise the Boost higher but I think there is a point at which you are pushing the car or that individual part beyond its safe opporating limits. An F1 car has an engine made to last 2 races, they will be on the limits to make it last 2 races balenced with best performance. A road car on the other hand needs to last years and so I think that high boost you're running may bring the life of the turbo to a premature end? personally I feel the 300ish BHP the Revo gives me is about right, plenty of raw power but without over stressing anything?

Agree with you on that one but admire his courage going for all that power it must be a real rush putting out that kind of power in a car that doesn't shout bout it's potential. I'm with you though if I remap, rephase that when I remap I need the longevity offered by approx 300bhp, not sure if that will be bluefin or Revo just keeping a watchful eye at the minute, very encouraging all this though :)

Unbelievable figures quite frankly:hubbahubba:

I'd love to drive it, but wouldn't want to own it after you :sadlike:

Time will tell i suppose but it does show what this engine is capable of, after all the Evo's and Scooby's are only 2 litre 4 pots and they seem to be ok and some of them are pushing out 400bhp :scared2: