Steering Rack Problem

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Audi in Macclesfield today as we were passing the place and got them to look at my steering rack as it is creaking when turning at low speeds.

The conclusion is that there is something wrong with it but they need the car for 2 days to investigate to see if it is the steering rack or steering column that is making the noise so they can order the part required.

So the car is booked in for 2 weeks time and they offered me a courtesy car for the 2 days without me asking for one (most dealers keep their traps shut about courtesy cars).

I'll let you know what happens when i get it sorted.

Robin i had mine done a few months ago. Lancaster Audi (Liverpool) had my car for 3 days. The car was sitting in the car park for 2 of the days.
I didnt get offered a courtesy car.. Best of luck with it.

I have heard that Macc Audi are very good hence the reason why i went to them instead of Crewe Audi even though Crewe Audi are only 5miles from me whereas Macc is 20miles from me.

Beddie will be on here soon he always uses them, very good dealership.

curley said:
Beddie will be on here soon he always uses them, very good dealership.

You rang... ;)

Great bunch of lads down at Macc Audi, if you have any probs Robin ask for a guy called Adam Goddall as he's their Warranty Manager, great guy and will do his best to sort it out for you..:icon_thumright:

Bet it will be a rack ;-)

My rack has been fine since replacement.

Chris.

Old one but Robin what was outcome mate?