JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Sportback owner

Status

Passenger side seat belt alarm

I have read the posts on seat belt alarms, but cannot seem to find the answer to this issue. On my 2006 A3 Sportback 2L TDI, there is a driver-side seatbelt icon, and a warning gong when the car is in motion. All of this I expected for good safety reasons. However, there is no warning icon nor gong when a front passenger does not belt up. Can anyone tell me if this safety feature can be turned on by an Audi dealer?

2. # ADS
    ADS

As it's possible to switch this off on cars that have it activated, I assume it will be possible to switch it on.

A lot of dealers have refused to switch it off when asked, because of safety concerns, bit I can see no such problems if they are asked to switch it on.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

is a retronaut

Status
    No it's not possible. If it was fitted then it'd be activated from the factory. It consists of a pressure switch in the seat and one in the seat belt socket. If you want to be sure then check if there is a wire coming out of it like on the drivers side.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

I have just looked at my A3 Sportback which is a 2007 2.0TDI SE and there is a wire coming from the drivers side seat belt socket but nothing from the passengers side, so it looks like it cannot be done, but check your own seat belt sockets.

I wonder why Audi decided to dis-continue this 'feature'. Perhaps it annoyed more than it helped. I know some members found it a nusiance when they put items on the passenger seat.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

is a retronaut

Status
    Yep that's most likely it.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

6th Gear

Status
    Anyone who doesn't have it should think themselves lucky.
    Anything from laptops to carry-outs can have the thing 'binging' away.
    Sounds simple to say "don't use the seat then",but there are some things that I like to have within easy reach.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

1st Gear

Status
    Too true. I am lucky enough not to have this feature. I put things on the passenger seats all the time, I can imagine with that feature it would really piss me off.
    2007 Lava grey A3 2.0 140 TDI Quattro Sportsback
    S-line int/ext, cruise, mfsw, aluminum rails, Xenons+, coming-leaving home, light + rain, parking sensors, hill hold, Bluefin, 18" OEM double 7-spokes RS4 alloys

Sportback owner

Status

Passenger seat belt alarm

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I have checked, and my passenger seat belt clip does not have the detector wire. Looks like my car is in fact not fitted with this option. Ho hum.