Passenger side seat belt alarm

Geraldy212

Sportback owner
Reaction score
I have read the posts on seat belt alarms, but cannot seem to find the answer to this issue. On my 2006 A3 Sportback 2L TDI, there is a driver-side seatbelt icon, and a warning gong when the car is in motion. All of this I expected for good safety reasons. However, there is no warning icon nor gong when a front passenger does not belt up. Can anyone tell me if this safety feature can be turned on by an Audi dealer? :think:

As it's possible to switch this off on cars that have it activated, I assume it will be possible to switch it on.

A lot of dealers have refused to switch it off when asked, because of safety concerns, bit I can see no such problems if they are asked to switch it on.

No it's not possible. If it was fitted then it'd be activated from the factory. It consists of a pressure switch in the seat and one in the seat belt socket. If you want to be sure then check if there is a wire coming out of it like on the drivers side.

I have just looked at my A3 Sportback which is a 2007 2.0TDI SE and there is a wire coming from the drivers side seat belt socket but nothing from the passengers side, so it looks like it cannot be done, but check your own seat belt sockets.

I wonder why Audi decided to dis-continue this 'feature'. Perhaps it annoyed more than it helped. I know some members found it a nusiance when they put items on the passenger seat.

Anyone who doesn't have it should think themselves lucky.
Anything from laptops to carry-outs can have the thing 'binging' away.
Sounds simple to say "don't use the seat then",but there are some things that I like to have within easy reach.

Too true. I am lucky enough not to have this feature. I put things on the passenger seats all the time, I can imagine with that feature it would really **** me off.

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I have checked, and my passenger seat belt clip does not have the detector wire. Looks like my car is in fact not fitted with this option. Ho hum. :sadlike: