a couple of questions

silverdart

Reaction score
hi everyone
i currently have a mk-iv golf gti and im tempted to trade it in and go for the 2.0tdi A3 (140bhp) and i just wanted to know what they are like when there mapped , will it feel slower than the gti which is mapped ?. also this might seem like a stupid question but does the A3 sport have cup holders , lol

cheers

I went from a mapped Golf GTi to a A3 Sportback 140 and have had it bluefinned and find real world driving of the A3 to be better than the Golf. Mid range is where it wins everytime. Plenty of grunt when you need it most. The only problem with the diesel is that it runs out of revs quickly. No taking it to 7k rpm like you could in the Golf!.

This is the main reason I decided to go for the DSG as it takes care of the extra gear changes pretty well and keeps the power on all the time.

Not sure it this is correct, but I believe the DSG is actually quicker to 62mph than the manual.

Cup holders - not the most important thing when I was looking at cars but yes the A3 does have cup holders. Depending on the year and radio you get it may have a rather fancy spring loaded affair in the dash. (If you don't get this then you get a rather useless coin holder in replacement.

Under my center armrest there is also a little roller blind thing that hides two very deep cup holders. These are the ones I tend to use. I did replace the coin holder with the in dash cup holder but I seldom use it.

cheers for that
i know cup holders might be a strange thing to ask about but i use mine all the time and it didnt look like they had one , lol