One Series Coupe ?

It does look interesting.

I wouldn't say it would 'destroy' the S3, in the last evo test the S3 was a bit quicker than the 130i M Sport so I would think the 135i would be a bit quicker than the S3 but not loads.

Sounds like it will be around 30k which sounds reasonable at 3k more than the S3.

I still don't like the looks, although the coupe is better than the 3 door. It still has the BMW 'stigma' attached though which I'm not sure I could live with.

Sorry, not a big fan of the 1 series and this mutated look is ridiculous.

That looks wrong IMO.. rear-end looks like its been shunted.

Just disproportionate.. :noway:

-Sal-

ALthough lighter than the 335i, the 135 coupe 0-60 is only a fraction quicker than the 335i...

Test figures from a variety of sources show the S3 to be quicker 0-100, quicker in gear acc at the majority of speeds/gears, standing 1/4 etc than the 335i...so the 1coupe and the S3 may be about the same on those with the 1 being lighter than the 3.

Be interesting to see the starting price, as I would assume it will cost more than the S3 by quite a bit, which suddenly makes the S3 with a £500 remap quicker and good value...

I had the choice of the S3 and a 335i and plugged for the S3 because it felt quicker and sportier, but the 3.0 twin-turbo engine is so good...must be a rocket with a remap...

A bit strange looking, but like I said in another post recently, 1-series sales are flat and BMW need to generate interest in the model.