THB Nokia carkit and concert stereo

Castro

Reaction score
I had a THB Nokia carkit professionally fitted by the lease company to my 2007 A3 with the standard Concert stereo and I have to say I'm a tad disapointed. When I get a call it only comes to the front speakers and does not cut the stereo. I have to mute the radio to hear the call. Is this normal because on my 2001 Audi A3 it used to cut the stereo and I'd get the "Phone" message on the stereo screen.

Cheers

I had the CK-7W in a previous car and it did mute the radio but the call is only sent to the front speakers. That shouldn't be a problem.

If i were you I'd take the car back and get them to check they have connected the mute cable correctly.

Castro said:
I had a THB Nokia carkit professionally fitted by the lease company to my 2007 A3 with the standard Concert stereo and I have to say I'm a tad disapointed. When I get a call it only comes to the front speakers and does not cut the stereo. I have to mute the radio to hear the call. Is this normal because on my 2001 Audi A3 it used to cut the stereo and I'd get the "Phone" message on the stereo screen.

Cheers
The Concert/Symphony II and II+ head units actually have two mute pins for some reason. The standard car kit installations only mute the front speakers. There is another pin which mutes the rear ones. Took me a while to work this one out when I installed my kit a few years ago.

Can't remember off the top of my head which pin it is, but if you get a test light and connect it to the pins one at a time you should hear the rear speakers muting. Take a tap off the yellow mute wire from the Nokia kit and connect it to this pin also and you'll be in business.

MarcQuinlivan said:
The Concert/Symphony II and II+ head units actually have two mute pins for some reason. The standard car kit installations only mute the front speakers. There is another pin which mutes the rear ones. Took me a while to work this one out when I installed my kit a few years ago.

Can't remember off the top of my head which pin it is, but if you get a test light and connect it to the pins one at a time you should hear the rear speakers muting. Take a tap off the yellow mute wire from the Nokia kit and connect it to this pin also and you'll be in business.
Thanks, the other question is whether the car kit integrates with the new Concert stereo i.e. does it pause the CD, give you the option to alter balance of the sound etc.. As I mentioned on my previous Chorus stereo (circa 2001) the menu would give you several phone options and you would get the Phone indication on the stereo LCD as soon as a call came through.

Castro said:
Thanks, the other question is whether the car kit integrates with the new Concert stereo i.e. does it pause the CD, give you the option to alter balance of the sound etc.. As I mentioned on my previous Chorus stereo (circa 2001) the menu would give you several phone options and you would get the Phone indication on the stereo LCD as soon as a call came through.
When "PHONE" comes on the Concert display it does one of two things - 1. Mutes the radio if in radio mode, and 2. pauses the CD if in CD mode.

With the third party car kit you don't get to use the Concert's built in phone settings - you need to use the volume controls on your phone to adjust it.