lowering

audi_driver

S LINE
Reaction score
hey people, wanna lower my car by at least 60mm, which method should i go for without needing coilovers, preferably kw or koni as i heard hnr give u a harsher ride. Woud like ur opinions for choice. thanks

hey mate

what size of wheels are you going to have on the car?

i have 19s on my 8p A3 and FK highsport coilovers

my car is just above the rubber on the rims and im only lowered 25mm all round!

60mm is optamistic but depends on what size of rim you want to put on - anything smaller than 18" i think will look silly decked and won't fill the arches

plus if you go 60mm you will be trailing the sump and that is an expensive fix if you crack it!

Im running on the standard s line 18s. Do u have any pictures of ur car? just so i have an idea of how low it is. Wanted coilovers but because i ive got a repair to do thats gonna cost me £700 so dont wanna spend too much on suspension. Sucks cos i was gonna use that money for coils.

bide your time then mate - coilovers are not THAT expensive

you can get FK highsports for £430 and they are spot on!! i love them

fk coils are good for its cheap price though i heard they dont last many miles

balls who ever told you that mate

I have mates who have had them in for years with no bother at all

mine are spot on with no probs - my old spax ones **** the bag (rear shocks)

the shop i get them from order them in daily and he says he hasnt had a bad set yet!

one of my best mate's is on his 3rd set on his 3rd car!

I ran FKs on my last beetle, was set for around 60mm drop and 'hard' on the damping, and it was hard, but on the smooth tarmac chicanes of milton keynes it was great fun to drive.

With regard to wear - a lot of coilovers are made from alloy components that corrode with all the salt in our winters. You just need to make sure they are adequately protected and they will be fine.

for being on 19s and 235/35 tyres lowered 25mm the ride is surprisingly quite good

it would be harsh on some bumps but dual carriageway, motorway driving its perfect!