Chris NottSky Insurance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 81
  1. #41
    EAGLE79's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    340
    I know its not yours and its a company car (so attention was being paid), give it back, opt out if its that bad. If its that unbearable, by the sounds of it your company is torturing you! LOL

    Silver it may have been in jest, I don't disagree and whether in your post your supposed to be quoting me or just informing that what I said was mindless ******** i do not know but it seems the trend on this site to call everyone a chav at any opportunity.... why?

    New word that some of the older members have discovered?

    But a side from all this we are drifting off the point of the thread from Bowfer.
    2008 S3 in Ibis White


    291BHP! STANDARD on 95ron Fuel. Get In.
    All Hail Mitch78

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Eeef's Avatar
    Lord of War

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Coast, land of the white man
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Bloke down the road has just bought a Q7.
    Going by the massive wheels and black windows,I thought 'Fiddy' had moved into our street.
    The noise it makes is quite incredible too (3.0 diesel).
    It's like a giant hoover,sucking in everything around it.
    Really unpleasant,un-enginelike noise.
    Combined with the knobber with the RS4,who treats the gaps between the speed humps as an acceleration/braking zone,I find myself getting a wee bit concerned with the image of Audis these days.
    Drug dealer chic rules,apparently.
    No class.

    Discuss.
    Couldn't agree more, and some of the posts on here recently tend to confirm it. I'm glad I got out when I did.

  4. #43
    normski's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeef
    Couldn't agree more, and some of the posts on here recently tend to confirm it. I'm glad I got out when I did.
    Yes, but you haven't left yet...lol
    Silver 2007 S3

  5. #44
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by sat1983
    Bowfer- I'd get a jag if i were you.
    Why the hell would you do that? I used to work for Jaq and they are bags of sh*te! X-Type is a Mondeo in a dress with crap lazy engines. S-Type is fairly nice but fairly dull to drive (with the exception of the 4.2R). The new XK/R looks excellent but was built on a tight budget and there's nothing new in/on it, it drives well but for a 'supercar' there's too much borrowed bits on it... ARPS in the convertible have huge Ford badges all over them (not that you can see them unless you pull the rear seats away) and the headlight control units (I think they are anyway) have landrover badges on them which you can clearly see if you lift the bonnet, the indicator stalks are lifted straight from a S-Type, as are the mirrors, the window/mirror controls are from a Volvo... I could go on, and on, and on!!

  6. #45
    sat1983's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades
    Why the hell would you do that? I used to work for Jaq and they are bags of sh*te! X-Type is a Mondeo in a dress with crap lazy engines. S-Type is fairly nice but fairly dull to drive (with the exception of the 4.2R). The new XK/R looks excellent but was built on a tight budget and there's nothing new in/on it, it drives well but for a 'supercar' there's too much borrowed bits on it... ARPS in the convertible have huge Ford badges all over them (not that you can see them unless you pull the rear seats away) and the headlight control units (I think they are anyway) have landrover badges on them which you can clearly see if you lift the bonnet, the indicator stalks are lifted straight from a S-Type, as are the mirrors, the window/mirror controls are from a Volvo... I could go on, and on, and on!!
    Didn't say they were any good. We're talking about classy image and jags aren't exactly boy racer. Or get a volvo.
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

    2010 Polo GTI 6R

  7. #46
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades
    Why the hell would you do that? I used to work for Jaq and they are bags of sh*te! X-Type is a Mondeo in a dress with crap lazy engines.
    Yet Jag consistently finish higher up reliability and customer satisfaction surveys than Audi and the X-type is often reported as more refined and a better handling car than the A4.
    So what do you believe ?
    As for it being an "X-type in a dress",that sort of thing can be levelled at the A3 too,can't it ?
    Isn't it just a Golf in a dress ?
    I'm not vehemently supporting Jag,just pointing out the apparent contradictions in your argument against them.

    I suppose it's true that every make and model of car can be 'pimped up',but my point is that Audi seem to be making it very easy for people these days.
    Time was dark windows and bodykits would have had the Audi dealer pointing people towards Halfords.
    Now they just refer them to the options list.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  8. #47
    silver75's Avatar
    Big Ron

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    3,243
    Isnt this the same with all marques though?

    IMO lately Jags seem to be looking more and more "blinged" up...


    the current saab, not exactly suble or understated

    Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

  9. #48
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    You're right in that 'bling' is the eye of the beholder,Silver75.
    I would argue you're far less likely to see a Jag or Saab blinged up as much as you do Audis these days though.
    Look at the threads on here.
    Every other one is 'Milltek' this and that.
    I mean,making a car louder either for the sake of it or for some negligible increase in power...what the feck is that all about ???
    I would doubt Jag or Saab owners are as keen on making their cars louder.
    It would appear Audi's customer base,or certainly the A3 customer base,is becoming younger,which will inevitably mean exhausts/spoilers/black glass etc.
    I'm not old,but I'm way past all that ****.
    If that's the way the brand is going,I for one don't like it.
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 3rd July 2007 at 11:25.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  10. #49
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    I wouldn't take it out on the marque really, its not their fault. They're just cashing in while they can. If theres a demand, they'd be fools not to supply.

    Everybody wants to be different though, despite some being hopelessly bad at going about it. Some think that burying a car in fibreglass and plastic accoutrements is an acceptable form of individualism. Others see it as a public display of your ASBO and poor taste.

    Each to their own really.


  11. #50
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    It would appear Audi's customer base,or certainly the A3 customer base,is becoming younger,which will inevitably mean exhausts/spoilers/black glass etc.
    I'm not old,but I'm way past all that ****.
    If that's the way the brand is going,I for one don't like it.
    You're right in that they're getting younger, and younger guys still have an attraction towards big exhausts and massive alloys. Most manufaturers are following the trend though, not just audi. Fitting big alloys with low profiles is standard for most performance prestige cars. All Saabs have hidded exhausts apart from the Aeros. BMW and Merc top of the range cars have quad pipes and 19" wheels at least.

    Audi seem to attract more of the man racer types because they are better value for money. I earn more than I used to and wanted a bmw but for the equivilant performance I'd pay an extra 5k (before the 1 series came out anyway). And Audis look good too.

    Bedford seems to have a growing number of modded first gen A4s, and one or two actually look good with their subtle mods. The rest are dog ****. And people generally stay with the same brand if they're happy with it don't they? I picked mine over the GTI due to 4wd but now I'm very happy with the car and the status I want to move up in the Audi range rather than move elsewhere. And these guys with the modded A4s when they get some money (by remortgaging no doubt) decide to splash out on an RS4 or Q7.

    I'm afraid Bowfer it's only going to get worse.

    PS guys if you're about to order a new car read a book called The End Of Oil by Paul Roberts. It's made me think twice.
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  12. #51
    Eeef's Avatar
    Lord of War

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Coast, land of the white man
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    Yes, but you haven't left yet...lol
    I just pop in now and again to gloat

  13. #52
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000
    PS guys if you're about to order a new car read a book called The End Of Oil by Paul Roberts. It's made me think twice.
    No offence,but it can't have made you think that hard,given that you've chosen a petrol motor and then chipped it !

    Without wishing to deviate from the thread too much,feck all is going to change the habits of the car-buying public until legislation forces it.
    I'm not going to go out and be one of the handful to buy a Prius-type vehicle now,but if legislation forced me into one it wouldn't bother me that much.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  14. #53
    Detector's Avatar
    Just waiting for the green light

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    Can't think of a decent marque that hasn't been ruined by the great british public at some point
    Morgan ?
    170 S.line manual

  15. #54
    Detector's Avatar
    Just waiting for the green light

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    130
    Anyway, I for one chose the S-Line precisely for its looks, had it not looked so good I'd still be in a Golf but then again Golfs have become a bit boring looking now
    170 S.line manual

  16. #55
    silver75's Avatar
    Big Ron

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Detector
    Morgan ?

    he said decent...

    Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

  17. #56
    Eeef's Avatar
    Lord of War

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Coast, land of the white man
    Posts
    1,602
    AHve you seen the aero8? Yuk!

  18. #57
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    No offence,but it can't have made you think that hard,given that you've chosen a petrol motor and then chipped it !
    Bowfer sometimes you're too quick to speculate. I only bought the book a week ago and haven't actually finished it. And I get tax free fuel in germany anyway so it's not as much of an issue for me as it would be to you guys.

    I was refering to my next purchase anyway. And it has made me think twice. I thought about getting a smaller car with a diesel and then decided I would do that later on when fuel costs get too high. Like you if legislation forces me to change then I will accept it.
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  19. #58
    Detector's Avatar
    Just waiting for the green light

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeef
    AHve you seen the aero8? Yuk!
    That's not a proper Morgan that's an overgrown Elise with an M5 engine shoehorned in.......& looks like it's been poked in the face
    170 S.line manual

  20. #59
    normski's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Yet Jag consistently finish higher up reliability and customer satisfaction surveys than Audi and the X-type is often reported as more refined and a better handling car than the A4.
    So what do you believe ?
    As for it being an "X-type in a dress",that sort of thing can be levelled at the A3 too,can't it ?
    Isn't it just a Golf in a dress ?
    I'm not vehemently supporting Jag,just pointing out the apparent contradictions in your argument against them.
    You only have to look at the type of people who buy Jags to figure why they rate their cars so highly...(just as you so nicely stereotype the latest generation of Audi owners, the same could be said for Jag).

    I have used Jags, and particularly the X-type of late, and long gone are the days of the good 'uns like the XJ6 of the early 90's..x-types are the single worst quality executive type car I have driven for a long time, it seems like everything in them is designed to break...

    As for the Mondeo in a dress/ Golf in a dress...I know which one I would have every time...beter to have a car based on something good than one based on ****e IMHO
    Silver 2007 S3

  21. #60
    silver75's Avatar
    Big Ron

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    3,243
    The Mondeo is a good car though? It deffinitley handles better than an Audi

    Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

  22. #61
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by silver75
    The Mondeo is a good car though? It deffinitley handles better than an Audi
    That's what I was thinking too !
    The Ford Tdci is considerably quieter than the 140tdi too (can't comment on the 170,never heard one)
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  23. #62
    d3fy's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,411
    I really like the ST version of the Mondeo, looks good (for now). I might get a sut chucker next, the joys of driving fast are few and far between and my general drive every day is a commute.

    Anyway to add to OP, what brands don't have a chav following other than the top marques?
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

  24. #63
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by d3fy
    Anyway to add to OP, what brands don't have a chav following other than the top marques?
    That's a good point.
    I dare say you'll always find examples of 'chavved up' cars for any make,including Rolls Royce.
    You can minimise the risk though.
    Looking at cars within the same price bracket as the A3 sportback,you're far less likely to see dark windows/big exhausts on the following.

    Saab 9-3
    Jag X-type
    Alfa 159
    Honda Accord (the 2008 one looks interesting)
    Volvo S40/V50
    Merc B or C class

    Whether you like any of them is a whole other argument though !
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  25. #64
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    That's a good point.
    I dare say you'll always find examples of 'chavved up' cars for any make,including Rolls Royce.
    You can minimise the risk though.
    Looking at cars within the same price bracket as the A3 sportback,you're far less likely to see dark windows/big exhausts on the following.

    Saab 9-3
    Jag X-type
    Alfa 159
    Honda Accord (the 2008 one looks interesting)
    Volvo S40/V50
    Merc B or C class

    Whether you like any of them is a whole other argument though !
    Funnily enough I took a mate to Saab MK because he was interested in a 9-3 convertible. Looking at them all there he decided if he was going to get one it'd have to have the sports kit fitted. Consisting off? Yes you guessed it...front bib, side skirts and boot spoiler! lol

    He's decided on an R32 now.

    While we were at saab the salesman told us about a woman who has ordered a 9-3 convertible aero with the V6 engine and their version of a sports upgrade kit (can't remember the name of the company) so it'll have sports suspension and brakes and 275bhp! BUT, it'll be delivered next week so it'll be FWD and it costs...45k!
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  26. #65
    d3fy's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,411
    Viggen was it?
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

  27. #66
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    I wonder if she'll be straight onto a Saab forum,asking if she can get a Milltek for it...

    ;-)
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  28. #67
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    586
    Sorry if the conversation has moved on a little... haven't been online for a bit!

    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Yet Jag consistently finish higher up reliability and customer satisfaction surveys than Audi and the X-type is often reported as more refined and a better handling car than the A4.
    Those surveys were obviously never carried out at the place I used to work then!! Reliability is a joke and Jag customers are never, ever satisfied... with anything! Yes, the X-Type is more refined, if you think you're buying into some sort of Jaguar heritage but its all smoke and mirrors! Like I said, the engines are lazy (probably to give the air of refinement) with the diesels sounding like they've been stolen from tractors plus the spec of some models is truly awful and the interiors are not bad but they are absolutely nothing special.

    As for the handling its not bad but its certainly nothing special. Unfortunately can't compare it to my A4 as the garage where I bought my A4 from decided to take off the lowering springs and put on (what I am convinced are) A4 Allroad springs, so the handling is a bit rubbish! At least they gave me the lowering springs when I bought it... just gotta find the time to put them back on!


    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    As for it being an "X-type in a dress",that sort of thing can be levelled at the A3 too,can't it ?
    Isn't it just a Golf in a dress ?
    Yeah, I guess but at least the A3 is a Golf in a minidress at a s****y nightclub whereas the X-Type is a Mondeo in a ballgown at a working mens club!

    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    I suppose it's true that every make and model of car can be 'pimped up',but my point is that Audi seem to be making it very easy for people these days.
    Time was dark windows and bodykits would have had the Audi dealer pointing people towards Halfords.
    Same with Jag, like Audi, they are just supplying what is being demanded and at the end of the day its not their fault, they are just making a few extra quids for themselves rather than sending customers off to Halfords.

  29. #68
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Looking at cars within the same price bracket as the A3 sportback,you're far less likely to see dark windows/big exhausts on the following.

    ...
    Jag X-type
    ...
    You're having a laugh!! I've seen more X-Types with body kits (admittedly most factory (still look sh*te) but some not) with big exhausts, stupid wheels and blacked out windows than I care to imagine! One person even went to the lengths of sticking the official Jag "R" badges on an bodykitted, lowered and blacked out windows X-Type 3.0 ... Jaq have never made an X-Type R!!!

  30. #69
    silver75's Avatar
    Big Ron

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades

    Those surveys were obviously never carried out at the place I used to work then!!
    mate, no matter which dealer you work for you will always have customers coming in with various issues.
    Lexus (Lexii?? ) are reliable cars but it doesnt mean their dealers will be sat with their feet up all day...

    Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

  31. #70
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by silver75
    Isnt this the same with all marques though?

    IMO lately Jags seem to be looking more and more "blinged" up...
    That is an American market X-Type though which does explain a lot... the yanks love their shiny stuff!

  32. #71
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades
    You're having a laugh!! I've seen more X-Types with body kits (admittedly most factory (still look sh*te) but some not) with big exhausts, stupid wheels and blacked out windows than I care to imagine! One person even went to the lengths of sticking the official Jag "R" badges on an bodykitted, lowered and blacked out windows X-Type 3.0 ... Jaq have never made an X-Type R!!!
    I haven't seen one black window/big exhaust x-type up here.
    All seem to be owned by more mature drivers,but not necessarily old.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  33. #72
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by d3fy
    Viggen was it?
    Nope, think it started with an H
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  34. #73
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    I haven't seen one black window/big exhaust x-type up here.
    All seem to be owned by more mature drivers,but not necessarily old.
    You're lucky then... Stoke and the surrounding area's has more than its fair shair I guess! I think the 'not necessarily old but mature' thing may be because a lot of X-Types these days seem to be fleet/company vehicles.

    Jag too have seen the power of 'bling'...

    Though I have to say I do really like this from the outside however the interior is a bit of a let down.

  35. #74
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,721
    Last edited by mitch78; 28th February 2009 at 15:00.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  36. #75
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    586
    I love the wheels. As I've said elsewhere I'm a big fan of 5 spokers and, dare I say it without encountering the wrath of the taste police on this site, would love a set on my A4!!

  37. #76
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    I like that Jag,apart from the chrome vent on the side.
    I think it looks classy.
    It's hardly likely to attract the Milltek-heroes.
    It'll waft by you,not RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAASP by you in a riot of "LOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEE" noise.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  38. #77
    normski's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    I like that Jag,apart from the chrome vent on the side.
    I think it looks classy.
    It's hardly likely to attract the Milltek-heroes.
    It'll waft by you,not RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAASP by you in a riot of "LOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEE" noise.
    Yep, certainly looks like an old man's car alright...should be perfect for you...although I am sure that if any poor sole on here dared to put those wheels on an A3 for example, you would brand him a chav...

    I love hypocracy...
    Silver 2007 S3

  39. #78
    joost's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000
    Nope, think it started with an H
    Hirsch?
    Justin

    2001 VW Golf 2.3 V5 (170) Highline, Indigo Blue - standard, for now...

    A4 (B5) SE with a few slight amendments here and there (sold)

  40. #79
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    It'll waft by you,not RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAASP by you in a riot of "LOOOOOK AT MEEEEEEE" noise.
    Had one delivered to the stealership without any exhausts on!! Unsilenced V8 sounded fantastic when revved and had a lovely put-put-put-put when idling! That certainly got a bit of attention!

  41. #80
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    Yep, certainly looks like an old man's car alright
    Hey,if not wanting to be anti-social or attention-seeking makes me an old man,so be it !

    Talking of hypocrisy,I often have a wee laugh at the fact that these Milltek knobbers will,one day,curse the twat driving past their house with the noisy exhaust.
    It will happen,I guarantee it.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO