I do hope this isn't a trend A3 problems

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've had the A3 since March and I now have my second problem.

Noticed a bit of vibration in the steering and also a bit of noise, metalic clicking noise from the front.

So I've just been to Audi Portsmouth for a tech to take a pre-look before they book it in ( great service there btw) and it looks like the warranty repair on the n/s cv boot carried out by Southampton Audi (when the previous owner had it about 13K miles ago) was a very shoddy job. The g/box end was held on by two zip ties and the hub end wasn't tight at all (but at least had the correct clip on it) needless to say the boot was full of water.

He did also say that there was a fair bit of play in the d/shafts and so will order both in (apparently they can now order in what they think they will need under warranty and return what isn't used in order to reduce the downtime for the owner :icon_thumright: Audi UK).

So just waiting to hear when they will have the parts available, the downside is that I shouldn't use the car if I can avoid it in the meantime, as the joint may completely give out.

Paul

They have just confirmed that the parts are ordered for overnight delivery and so it is booked in for tomorrow.

Slight hickup this afternoon as although they knew that the parts were in stock in the UK, they couldn't order them as the parts department computers were down.

All resolved now though, only downside is that I will have to put the Mrs out as she will have to follow me. No loan cars available till next Tuesday, but good service to investigate today and book it in for tomorrow.

Paul

Got the car back and they have changed the N/S complete driveshaft.

Had a quick check round and everything looks fine on the car, but it is chucking it down with rain here at the moment, so can;t get too close a look at the alloy.

Paul