DIS Trip Computer

s3mike

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to Audi having ordered my S3 a few weeks back ( expected to take delivery in September ).

Just wondering if the DIS / Trip Computer has the same average / journey feature that my current car has ( Leon Cupra R ). I didn't check when I tried the S3, mine has an average since reset and also a journey mode which tells you the MPG / Speed etc for each journey.

I'm really looking forward to the S3 it felt very good on the test drive and noticably quicker than my car - also in this weather I can't wait to have Quattro!

Thanks,

Mike.

Yes - it has Display group 1 which I believe resets itself after a stop (not sure how long) and display group 2 which has readings since you reset it (so ave for the life I guess).

On top of this it has a digital speedo (which mine is normally set to) and stopwatch / lap timer.

At themoment my car is doing the school run, and the economy readings were getting scarey - so I dont have themon any more :D

Cheers for that, I figured it would have the same feature but nice to know for certain.

The MPG gets pretty sketchy on my car when pottering around town so I'm trying not to think about the new one! Isn't FSI supposed to be more efficient ( or just clever marketing )?

s3mike - I went to my current S3 from an LCR also. Obviously notable difference in traction (all the time!..) with the quattro and the build quality. I didn't think it was too bad in the LCR but the S3 does take it up a level.. ;) . I think you'll be impressed ! :cool:

DG1 resets 2 hours after stopping IIRC. :)

-Sal-

sjahS3 - glad you like the S3 after your LCR, it seems like the logical jump to me albeit rather more expensive!

I do like the LCR but the Audi interior is much nicer and you can also spec all the gadgets not available on the LCR.

Speaking of build / interior quality I test drove a new Leon Cupra and although it felt very quick and had loads of grip ( even in the pouring rain ) I just couldn't live with the interior, I thought it was very downmarket even compared with my LCR.

Hmm, how many weeks until September..

s3mike said:
Speaking of build / interior quality I test drove a new Leon Cupra and although it felt very quick and had loads of grip ( even in the pouring rain ) I just couldn't live with the interior, I thought it was very downmarket even compared with my LCR.
Exactly why I went for the A3. I looked at the Leon Mk2, and the interior was really poor quality. I wouldn't have minded a Mk1 Leon as they were quite nice, but the interior just lets the new Leon down so badly :( I had a Mk4 Ibiza before I bought the A3, and it really is a huge improvement build quality wise.

Hi,
I ordered a Sprint Blue S3 with a few options :

Light / Rain Sensor
Adaptive lights
Folding / dimming mirrors
Bose
Symphony
GSM Phone prep / armrest
Flat bottom wheel

Standard embossed leather with silver inserts and silver headlining.

Also quite tempted to get a Sat-Nav retrofit done rather than pay Audi over 2k for it!

I am still debating whether to get Sprint Blue or Silver but think I will stick with the Blue even though I've only seen pictures of the S3 in this colour. The dealer has a sportback s-line in Sprint Blue which looks nice - I guess they got it through the audi-exclusive colour option as it's not a normal option.

The Sprint Blue seems to look very different in different photographs ranging from very light to very dark!

Mike.

I like the Sprint Blue, Northampton Audi have a sprint blue S3 and Orange S3 on site. Having seen the orange I have completely changed my mind - in fac the wife was suggesting we run 2 x S3..... The orange looked very good on the car.

Milton Keynes Audi have a Moro blue in their showroom - its ok, but not as nice as I was expeccting - my A4 was Moro and I loved it, but it doesnt seem quite right on the S3.

s3mike, It might be worth adding the lumbar support, I think it makes a difference to my S3.

prt

I did try the lumbar support ( on an A8! ) but to be honest I find the standard S3 seats pretty comfortable as standard so didn't bother.

s3mike said:
I just couldn't live with the interior, I thought it was very downmarket even compared with my LCR.

Same thing happened when VAG brought out the Mk5 Golf. Interior was definitely poorer quality than our Bora.

Silver all the way!

Shows the styling off so much more and everyone is getting sprint blue!

Just wondering how accurate is the DIS?

While coming home today, I got flashed by a speed camera from the opposite road in a 40mph zone. Digital speedo readout at that time was 41 :sadlike:

There were no other cars on the road at that time too.

boggysv said:
Just wondering how accurate is the DIS?

While coming home today, I got flashed by a speed camera from the opposite road in a 40mph zone. Digital speedo readout at that time was 41 :sadlike:

There were no other cars on the road at that time too.

do you have satnav?
if you do put it in engineering mode and bring up the GPS speed...
(or gps speed from any other portable gps)

my DIS overreads by around 6%.

Unless you've changed your wheels for smaller ones, then there's no reason why you should have got done. Usually 41 on the DIS will be about 37 or 38.

When you say you were flashed by a camera on the opposite side of the road, how does that work? I would have assumed that a camera on the opposite side of the road was for traffic travelling on that side of the road.

A camera scanning across two lanes of traffic and then having to take a photo across those same two lanes is going to miss anything where a truck\bus\trailer is travelling the other way. Can't see how it would make any sense to have it set up that way.

Occasionally the cameras get set off by birds flying through the radar's field of view.

Cooni,

Dont have satnav, my only regret with the car really. Might retrofit one in due time.

MarcQuinlivan said:
When you say you were flashed by a camera on the opposite side of the road, how does that work?

It boggled my mind as well, certainly was a "whut???" moment when I noticed the flash.

Lets just hope it's the bird thing you mentioned.

JamS3 said:
Silver all the way!

Shows the styling off so much more and everyone is getting sprint blue!

Sprint is very popular, 32 at present in the poll, with black not far behind with 29. Silver? only 14 of us so far!

Phantom Black!!! Great deep shine black! Very pleased... how does it compare to Brilliant Black? anyone?

Pedro

I have brill black (see S3 pics thread)

IMHO black is the one colour that should be solid, its like a mirror when polished up. I prefer it as you dont have the 'interference' of the metalic/pearl in the paintwork.

****** to keep clean though!