Boughts these today!!!

MattS

Reaction score
Picked these up today. Getting them fitted tomorrow.:arco:

After alot of research into various tyres, these should fit the bill nicely!!

Very well priced as well, £365.88 inc VAT for the set!!

20210.JPG

20211.JPG

sounds like a good deal where did you get them?i just bought 4 ditch finders not that long ago and it cost me about the same .doh :keule:

Sounds good, and they are cracking tyres IMHO

Oh dear, you clearly have more money than sense. You'll be waving goodbye to those in about 6000 miles.

Should have got F1s for the same money. Traction almost as good in the dry, better in the wet, and will last at least twice as long.

I bought these for my mk3 golf at the time. They did indeed last about 6000 miles. They're good, but sadly do not last. Enjoy anyways!!!

Eeef said:
Oh dear, you clearly have more money than sense. You'll be waving goodbye to those in about 6000 miles.

Should have got F1s for the same money. Traction almost as good in the dry, better in the wet, and will last at least twice as long.

Mileage does not bother me as the car only does about 7500 miles a year. I wanted a decent tyre for the performance aspect rather how long they last.

Time will tell, I have Toyo Proxy T1-R's on my Signum, 235 35 19" and they so far have covered 11000 miles and are not quite 1/2 worn.

But to be fair, a 3.0 CDTI Signum is not as aggressive on acceleration as an A3 FWD over 200bhp.

The way I look at it, if they last 6000 miles, then so be it, but at least the car should be a little more sure footed with them.:racer:

They are a good tyre, I've got a set on my A3 just now and I'm impressed.

Trying to find a new set for my new rims now in 235/35 19's but aint working out too cheap yet lol.

si_reading said:
They are a good tyre, I've got a set on my A3 just now and I'm impressed.

Trying to find a new set for my new rims now in 235/35 19's but aint working out too cheap yet lol.

To keep the rolling radius the same as standard, you need 225 35 19" tyres. These are exactly the same diameter as 225 40 18" Tyres.

235's will slow the car down as the gearing will be altered.

Hope this helps.:icon_thumright:

I am looking for new tyres right now as mine have around 2-3mm of tread left.

My options are staying with the Pirelli P-Zero's, F1's or the T1-R's or T1-S's.

I have had them all before on my Polo and found the T1-S's are the best.

I am swaying towards them or the R's.

RobinA3 said:
I am looking for new tyres right now as mine have around 2-3mm of tread left.

My options are staying with the Pirelli P-Zero's, F1's or the T1-R's or T1-S's.

I have had them all before on my Polo and found the T1-S's are the best.

I am swaying towards them or the R's.

The T1-R's have been introduced to replace the T1-S's, the T1-S's will no longer be produced within the next 6 months in 225 40 18".

There is a new Toyo on sale now called the Toyo Proxy's 4. This is a good tyre but aimed at the show car, this is because it has a very cool tread pattern will looks brilliant but after long chats with Toyo, they said for the performance enthusiast, stay away from the '4's and go for the T1-R.

Got them fitted today, took the car and tyres to my local Vauxhall dealer who I have used for years. They are the only ones I trust to fit tyres!!!

Anyway, first thoughts, still very early as you need a few hundred miles for them to properly bed in.

I have put a picture up as I persoanally think they sit on the rim alot better, unlike the Conti's which have a very square wall and shoulder, these have a better, more rounded edge to them which will allow better grip in bends under hard use.

With the Toyo's you do get a little bit more road noise, this is because the side walls are alot stronger/Harder than the Conti's which need to be softer for quiet OEM fitment.

The benefit of this, due to stiffer side walls, is the steering and turn in is far more precise and you get instant feedback to what the front wheels are doing. Anyone who has Yokohama AVS Sports will know what I mean as these are very similar in build design. It is a shame AVS's have gone out of production.

So hopefully I won't have any regrets but it's looking good so far!!

20214.JPG

MattS said:
To keep the rolling radius the same as standard, you need 225 35 19" tyres. These are exactly the same diameter as 225 40 18" Tyres.

235's will slow the car down as the gearing will be altered.

Hope this helps.:icon_thumright:
I'm running 235/35 19" on my RS6's reps just now which seem ok. My new rims are same size so have gone for same tyres on these didn't know any different lol.

Thanks for that info though, I didn't know that about rolling radius/gearing :icon_thumright:

I've had Toyo R's & S's but neither have been as good as the Eagle F1's I've got now. Found the Toyo's a bit scary in the wet to be honest!

After the inners split on the Toyos I had which was a common problem I vowed never to have Toyo again and as already mentioned above where very noisey, just like a wheel bearing going, in fact I had both bearings changed and the noise only went when I put F1's on, which IMO are much better that the old toyo's. I hope you get on better with them

Matt said:
I've had Toyo R's & S's but neither have been as good as the Eagle F1's I've got now. Found the Toyo's a bit scary in the wet to be honest!

Interesting. After driving today in the downpour we have been having, the T1-R's do offer far more grip than the Continentals fitted by the factory, and thats after only 75 miles on these, so they should get better. They have been designed with wet weather in mind.

The last car I had Good year F1's was a BMW 328i, to me this would be an unfair comparison as the BMW was RWD so a different driving experience.

I have had friends who have had the Toyo T1-S's and have said the R's are better.

But so far, I am more than impressed with them. It will be interesting to see how they perform after a few thousand miles.

SteveTDCi said:
After the inners split on the Toyos I had which was a common problem I vowed never to have Toyo again and as already mentioned above where very noisey, just like a wheel bearing going, in fact I had both bearings changed and the noise only went when I put F1's on, which IMO are much better that the old toyo's. I hope you get on better with them

Thats good info as i've been thinking my rear bearings were going. I still have Toyo's on the rear, the F1's are on the front. Had the bearings checked and they were ok. So must be the noise from the Toyo's!