EM TuningBadger5

Thread: Carpet

1st Gear

Status

Carpet

When getting the tyre swapped this morning, i pulled the drivers side carpet mat out to get some dirt of it.
    Then i noticed the stud that holds the carpet in place wasn't there... it was stuck to the underside of the mat.

So i'm guessing the other part is under the carpet?? Does anyone know the quickest way to get the carpet up , so i can grab the bit the connect them up again??

Thanks Dodge
    A4 Avant S-Line 2.0TDI Leather Trim,Phone Prep, Heated & Electric Front Seats, Audi Parking Plus, Cruise Control, B&O Sound System, Autogym, Boot Liner.......

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I think you might have to take the door sill trim off so you can get your hand underneath the carpet.

Regards, John.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3
    I think you might have to take the door sill trim off so you can get your hand underneath the carpet.

Regards, John.

Are they easy to remove???
    A4 Avant S-Line 2.0TDI Leather Trim,Phone Prep, Heated & Electric Front Seats, Audi Parking Plus, Cruise Control, B&O Sound System, Autogym, Boot Liner.......

1st Gear

Status
    Dodge - same thing happened on mine and ended up taking it into the dealers. Apparently driver's seat needs to come out to pull up carpet and replace studs !

All under warranty and took 2 hours or so.. but a royal pain in the ar$e.

HTH.

-Sal-
    S3 - Phantom Black with a few options..

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahS3
    Dodge - same thing happened on mine and ended up taking it into the dealers. Apparently driver's seat needs to come out to pull up carpet and replace studs !

All under warranty and took 2 hours or so.. but a royal pain in the ar$e.

HTH.

-Sal-

Cheers for the reply, all done i removed all screws i could find and the ones holding the front of the seats down.
    Then i managed to get my hand under the carpet (nightmare as the carpet has the sound proofing fix to it) and found the clip, put it back in hole, clipped on the top piece and a drop of superglue to hold it..
    Put the screws back in and all finished.

cheers for the help
    Dodge

1st Gear

Status
    Nice one .. seems to happen quite a lot.

I'll try that next time one of mine goes again..

-Sal-

1st Gear

Status
    Had this happen twice on A3 Quattro some years ago, since then I have always taken the precaution of using something to push down on the centre stud whilst pulling up the carpet.
    Just takes the pressure off the fixing, never fancied the thought of the stealer ripping the seats out.
    Trev

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevS3
    Had this happen twice on A3 Quattro some years ago, since then I have always taken the precaution of using something to push down on the centre stud whilst pulling up the carpet.
    Just takes the pressure off the fixing, never fancied the thought of the stealer ripping the seats out.

Most other makes seem to have screw in ones, save pulling the carpet up!!!

1st Gear

Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TrevS3
    Reluctantly gave my car into FR Audi (for the first time.. esp after reading some reviews) to get this sorted but fair play to them, did a decent job and valeted the car inside, out so couldn't complain !

-Sal-