RNS-E : speedo camera data

Well yes it is a starting point, but pretty pointless relating to speed cameras, the whole point of it is a audible warning, as if you are speeding, you will not be certainly gazing at the sat nav map. I must admit I am rather surprised at all of the manufacturers they would sell a hell of a lot more sat nav systems with new cars if they did have it.

But camera detectors/alerts are illegal in some countries... hence why they are currently left off by the manufacturers

Fair comment, but still it is easier to lock them out in bulk on DvD's, anyhow all by the by :(,, for me speed camera detection is more use when I am just pottering along dreaming about my S3 and what I can do next to it, and go through a 40 camera at say 50 etc, or miss seeing a mobile set up, get done for like 34 in a 30.

No agree with you 100%, I have the same frustration about the lack of alerts, but if it was locked in the system, it would only be a matter of time until people in countries where it is illegal unlocked it, and there could potentially be some liability to Audi VAG...
I'm going to buy a roadangel/pogo I think

Well so far best method for me and pretty well no cost Iphone and the app in conjunction with AMI, just ofc then you have to only have mp3s playing, well suppose pod casts as well.

see what i can find, i dont really know my round pcs, as i use a mac haha

In that case go to the apple menu top left, about this mac, more info. Then select the disc burning menu on the left.It should say +R DL
You'll have to use Parallels or boot camp to run the navPOInt software as it's PC only.

humm doesnt look like my mac does, now got to check my dads pc, but doubt that will

The navPOInt software has just been launched.

navPOInt - custom POIs for your Audi SatNav

I saw that, and tbh, as there is no audible warning, not gonna bother with it, by far the best solution is Iphone, and Camera alert app for 59p, it is updated on a regular basis, it does mobile, fixed with a good warning in advance, and average, even gives you an average speed traveling through the camera average area. the only draw back for me is as it is AMI it is in the glove box, so cannot see it. It works fully with Satnav, etc, and over rides the MP3 player you are suing on the iphone.

Quick tip for anyone looking to make a copy of their nav discs - use Verbatim 2.4x dual-layer blanks and, if you have the patience, burn them at 1x. These seem to be the most reliable discs by far and are what I used when I last took a copy of my RNS-E nav discs.

Quick tip for anyone looking to make a copy of their nav discs - use Verbatim 2.4x dual-layer blanks and, if you have the patience, burn them at 1x. These seem to be the most reliable discs by far and are what I used when I last took a copy of my RNS-E nav discs.

where did you get your dvd's from?

If you mean the blanks, I can't honestly remember but they're available at quite a few places: verbatim 2.4x dual layer - Google Product Search

If you mean the originals - they came with my car :)

One thing I've noticed about the navpoint site is that there's no information on pricing or anywhere to order.

haha yea i meant the blanks
think there is teh pricing in teh application that u have to download from them

The pricing is in the application when you go from demo mode to full licensed mode. You need to have successfully burnt a DVD which can be read in the RNSe, this gives you your unique code which is used to buy the full version.

If nothng else it shows that it can and has been done. Might also lead to other options for alterations? Also - Aisin V220 or V574 platform?

The pricing is in the application when you go from demo mode to full licensed mode. You need to have successfully burnt a DVD which can be read in the RNSe, this gives you your unique code which is used to buy the full version.

So does any one know how much this costs on top of the two DVD's you'll need?

£75 for the app and about 7Euro for a years speed cam data

So does any one know how much this costs on top of the two DVD's you'll need?

You'll only need 1 DL DVD for the western Europe disc. IIRC the eastern Europe disc is only single layer and you might not find yourself over there too often in the car!

So has anyone got this working yet?

Will give it a bash at the weekend but, in the meantime, has anyone done the purchase thing and can let us know how much it costs? If the final price is prohibitive then I won't even bother using the trial tbh.

Will give it a bash at the weekend but, in the meantime, has anyone done the purchase thing and can let us know how much it costs? If the final price is prohibitive then I won't even bother using the trial tbh.

Its £75 for the app and about 10 Euro for a years speed camera subscription.

That's a bit steep if I'm honest - was expecting something nearer £30.

Will the speedo camera POI stay on top of all other POI? If I drive through the city, there are thousands of POI, all on top of each other. One would need the camear POI to stay on the very top, so that it could at least be seen, given that it cannot make a sound.

TBH, it is a waste of money, no warning, you have to spend more time looking at sat nav than looking on the road, weak GPS and that is the difference to thinking you are close or not to a speed camera, you cannot set a pre-warning etc. A pain to update.

The only real benefit is if you need a particular POI that you use a lot, and is not covered by existing POI's, another ? you have to ask yourself, can you actually navigate to the POI's you have added?

A shame as I was really looking forward to this, but knew a while back that there was never going to be an audible warning.

Yeah I tend to agree - the lack of a warning renders it a curiosity only for me. At £30 or under I might have had a punt but no way at £75.

LWNY: Do you have all your POIs switched on? Jeez that must be a nightmare on the map screen. Only one I leave enabled is the TMC icons - I'll enable the others if and when I need to find something, otherwise I don't want them cluttering up my screen.

If you have the map on screen and the view set at 400m or more with a quick glance you can see if there are any cameras in your vicinity. You don't have to drive the car looking at the nav screen. If you are aware of a camera close by you will most likely see it at the road side with your eyes.

I find it a very neat solution. It's OEM and no ugly wires trailing around or devices clinging to brackets. There's no annoying alert beeps which to be honest you can't hear when the music is quite loud. Compared to the price of a quality speed camera detector it's a fair price and a good driver aid.

LWNY: Do you have all your POIs switched on? Jeez that must be a nightmare on the map screen. Only one I leave enabled is the TMC icons - I'll enable the others if and when I need to find something, otherwise I don't want them cluttering up my screen.
LOL, I have it switched on, but since I don't drive in the main part of the city much, it doesn't get clogged with POIs. When one does drive there, you don't even see the streets anymore, but you can still tell where they are because the hoards of POI creates an outline of the street.

I have burned about 20 discs none will read in the rnse drive :sadlike:I get the message update disc inserted or no valid disk or insert nav medium I have looked at the disks on various pcs and they look like exact copy's yet the rnse can not see the copied disc I have 3 pcs and 4 burners I even bought a new LG as recommended by navpoint tdk disks vertabin memorex maplin own brand burned on navpoint Nero at 1 times from iso and direct and changed book type dvd+ rom my car is TT S SE Black Quattro Roadster with every single Audi toy even auto roof my 2011 lol except speed cams I wondered if the new satnav 2011 won't read copied discs all though it looks exactly like my my 2010 may 2010 one except the surround is now piano black like all my trim I don't have the 2010 any more :slapped: I own 2 original DVD satnav discs and poi speed camera sub 2011

Last edited:
Yes you set the type to 0 each poi has a number type the lower the number the higher the priority eg if you have garage at 3 and a church at 5 at the same location the 3 garage appers on screen navpoint explains this and sets the default to put camera on top sorry for poor typing it's an iPhone 4 this was in reply to higher up post By lwny asking about clutter on screen sorry

Last edited:
Still not burned a DVD that works I think the latest Audi DVD MUST have copy protection tried more burners and more software the nearest I have got is the RNSE sees it as an update disc but when you press nav button it says insert navigation medium

RE: burning a working RNS-E disc.. you need to ensure you set the booktype of the disc to DVD-ROM. For example trying to burn a DVD +R DL will have its booktype set to DVD +R DL by default, like wise a DVD +R to DVD +R. This setting can either be set via the buring software or if compatable the actual hardware can be set to burn this way via some tools that you can download for LITE-ON drives etc