EM TuningSky Insurance
    Top Gear

Status

RS4 Style Alloys.. right fit, etc...?

Have been wanting some RS4 style alloys for ages, and found these on ebay.. i no there for a Golf but how different can they be?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-NEW-RS4-ALL...QQcmdZViewItem

Are they the right fit for no rubbing, etc...? I have sport suspension and 17's at the minute.
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport in Akoya Silver - with... Black Alcantara, Black Headlining, Aluminium Inlay's, Interior Light Pack, Storage & Luggage Pack, Front Armrest, Electronic Climate Control, Non-smoking Pack, First Aid Kit & Warning Triangle, Electric Sunroof, Heated/Folding Door Mirrors, Sony CDX-GT930UI with USB iPod Connector & BOSE, 17" '5 Spoke Star' Alloys, Light & Rain Sensors, Xenons, Vortex Rear Spoiler, GTI Aluminium Pedals & Black Brake Callipers!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You're going to spend £2k on wheels!?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

4th Gear

Status
    The original Ronal wheels are probably only about £380ish each(the RS6 style S-line Ronal wheels are £355inc vat from Audi).
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    You're going to spend 2k on wheels!?
    Of course he is not...

They are 495 for a set of 4...lol
    Silver 2007 S3

6th Gear

Status
    Ah right, it's a bit misleading as it says there are four available - I presume he means four sets of four?

Ok then, if he's only charging £500 for four wheels then they're going to be nasty (and heavy) replicas, I'd still avoid like the plague.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    Ah right, it's a bit misleading as it says there are four available - I presume he means four sets of four?

Ok then, if he's only charging 500 for four wheels then they're going to be nasty (and heavy) replicas, I'd still avoid like the plague.
    Have you seen any RS4 reps that aren't cheap yet? I certainly haven't, they are all around that sort of price...so it may be a case of no choice. Heavier wheels can have their benefits...I just don't like the way most reps bubble after 12 to 18 months.
    Silver 2007 S3

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've noticed these alloys too. IMO they look really good. With four tyres for 500! its almost the price of just tyres anyway.

Has anybody got these Rs4 replica's from Ebay or from anywhere else? I'd really like some feedback too. Just want to know whether they are really heavy or whether they peel as some rep's do.

I've seen these same ones on Rochford tyres for 550. They do look identical.

Any input anyone?
    Rich

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick106
    I've noticed these alloys too. IMO they look really good. With four tyres for 500! its almost the price of just tyres anyway.

Has anybody got these Rs4 replica's from Ebay or from anywhere else? I'd really like some feedback too. Just want to know whether they are really heavy or whether they peel as some rep's do.

I've seen these same ones on Rochford tyres for 550. They do look identical.

Any input anyone?
    Rich
    There's a firm near me called Midland Wheels who have been around for ages. They were doing these on Ebay with tyres for 450 or the 19's for 650. Unfortunately their website doesn't show reps, so you will have to look on ebay, but they have a fuller description and you can call them...they are really helpful

Can't see the 18's on Ebay but you can be sure they have them...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-NEW-RS4-STY...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by normski; 20th June 2007 at 14:29.
    Silver 2007 S3

Full speed ahead

Status
    Has anyone on here bought a set of these replicas? If so what's the quality like?

Will the 19s fit straight onto a std 2007 A3 Sportback quattro?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by maars
    Has anyone on here bought a set of these replicas? If so what's the quality like?

Will the 19s fit straight onto a std 2007 A3 Sportback quattro?
    Most of the Ebay auctions are offering two different offsets...one for the MkV Golf and one for others inc the A3 IIRC...

So the answer should be yes as long as you buy the correct offset...
    Silver 2007 S3

Status
    wilko, you shouldn't have posted this link up - might tempt other people from this forum!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink