Insurance renewal

J

jamiekip

Hi All,

I know this question has been asked many times, but I'd like peoples thoughts on insurnce on the new S3.
I've been with dreict line for the last 6 years and they have served me well (though I've not made a claim with them, so in hindsight, they have done pretty well out of me!).

Anyway any recommendations outside of the usual moneysupermarket.com etc?

Thanks

JK

Sainsburys, underwritten by esure. Cheapest I could find with decent cover.

Regards, John.

I've been with Privilege, DL for the past 5 yrs or so.. and they've not been too bad.

Adrian Flux, Greenlight etc are supposed to be quite good :)

-Sal-

Adrian Flux not so good when car worth over £25k - or thats what they told me when they last time when they were over £200 dearer than the AA!!

TDI-line said:
How much are your renewal costs JK?

OK, I'm in west london car parked off the street in a secure car park.
29yrs old, 11 yrs no claims, clean licence.
Car has a Tracker too.

Direct Line renewal was £818
Swiftcover came in at £671
Privilege just come in at £656
Sainsburys (underwritten by esure) in at £632

I'll going with Sainsburys me thinks unless anyhone can recommend someone else I should try.

FYI - Confused was the portal that got me the quotes from swiftcover and Sainsburys - worth a look if your fishing for new quotes.

Cheers,

JK

do a search for insurance as i posted up soemthing which got around 2 pages of replies full of useful info.

RobinA3 said:
do a search for insurance as i posted up soemthing which got around 2 pages of replies full of useful info.

Thanks mate, I tried that and above is as good as I can do!
Think it will be sainsburys as they have the lowest price and a lower excess too!

Cheers

jamiekip said:
Thanks Rick - you got your S3 in the end then. How's it going? Happy???
Which one was it you got in the end - hope the advice helped!!!

Ive been meaning to send you a pm, ive been so busy that i havent even started a thread to show my S3 off

but just to let everyone know, jamiekip was a top guy, gave me excellent advice and was even happy to come and help inspect a car for me :)

sorry mate that i didnt even get to say thank you to you via pm

Get an update posted on your car then mate I'm intrigued to know what you went for in the end!

Glad you got it sorted ;)

rickparmar said:
Ive been meaning to send you a pm, ive been so busy that i havent even started a thread to show my S3 off

but just to let everyone know, jamiekip was a top guy, gave me excellent advice and was even happy to come and help inspect a car for me :)

sorry mate that i didnt even get to say thank you to you via pm

Just for info guys, I also tried all of the above on renewal, swiftcover.com was the cheapest, however, I was previously with MCE

www.mceinsurance.com

If you tell em you cheapest quote, they will beat it, only slightly, and with decent underwriters, mine is with NIG

Just a thought

just be careful with confused - they class factory fitted options with modifications - so if you answered 'Is your car modified' with no, and you have ANY factory fitted options you must tell them or your insurance will only replace your car with a standard spec one if its written off in first year and market value for standard spec after first year. Check with them. I stumbled across this problem the other year and its caused me headaches everytime renewal comes up.

Swiftcover for me mate came out the cheapest.

29yrs old, 9 years no claims, misses on the policy with 3 points and protected no claims came out at £454.00!

One thing to tell the insurance company when quoting is that although it has a standard manufacturers alarm and immobiliser you have to really push although it is standard it is infact Thatcham Cat 1 which should knock some more off the price.

JamS3 said:
Swiftcover for me mate came out the cheapest.

29yrs old, 9 years no claims, misses on the policy with 3 points and protected no claims came out at £454.00!

One thing to tell the insurance company when quoting is that although it has a standard manufacturers alarm and immobiliser you have to really push although it is standard it is infact Thatcham Cat 1 which should knock some more off the price.

JamS3 - £454!.. that is quality mate :icon_thumright: .

Mine's the wrong side of £1K :crying: , but only just which probably has something to do with my NW London postcode. Even so, I'm 29, 8 yrs no claims with wife on policy who has 3pts but no other claims or convictions.

-Sal-