My new A3 is in UK which rims?

Rims?

• Total voters

si_reading

Reaction score
Website
simonreading.me.uk
Well my new A3 has arrived at the Audi Dealer now.

I have tried to order some new rims for it, went for BBS CH 19" alloys but they may take couple of months to find as BBS has gone bust.

So I'm trying to find another option to get some smart rims asap!

I've come to find two:

Kahn RSV 19"

1.jpg

or

ACE 132 19"

1.jpg

Which do you prefer and why?

Thankingyou..

Si

BBS have not gone bust - they were in money difficulties but are now sorted but as far as i know have since discontinued the sales of BBS CH - fortunately i was very lucky to get mine in 19" and were made on the 22nd march 2007 (apparently one of the last sets)

as far as the rim choice is above, im not really a fan of either.

Kahn's are ok but the ACE is a very soft alloy, i had ace 198's before and they were very prone to chipping and scratches

why not look into another set of BBS's?

BBS RS-GT? (exepensive)
rsgt.jpg

BBS RX II?
rxII.jpg

BBS RX? (same price as ch probably)
rx.jpg

Yeah I'm struggling to get a set of CH's they have got a couple of BBS loads coming into the UK soon but they don't know what’s on them supposedly so can't guarantee they'll have CH's on them :(

Not sure which other BBS's I like as much as the CH's.

si - who told you that?

im just curious cos im pretty sure who said that lol

Personally I would wait for a set to come up. I was lucky enough to get mine from a Subaru place near Awesome. It took me 6 months to find some. Just be patient some will turn up :icon_thumright:

Im not a fan of either of them too. However as said, german ebay is the best place for CH's. I bought some from there in 19" with Toyo T1-R's inc delivery for £1270 last week. They were brand new. They arrived in 3 working days. I put them on my New S3 which i collected yesterday. I will post some pics later this evening.

MTM alloys wheels or Sportec

MTM: specifically for VAG cars

CARmageddon1410.jpg

61018.jpg

Sportec: prosche background but do VAG as well

getGalPic.cfm

i think the finish on them is lovely!

2006-Sportec-Audi-A4-RS300-Wheel-1280x960.jpg

The ACE ones look quite nice. Not sure what the quality of them is like.

They look similar to some that you can get on an Audi A8.

Interesting that the ACE 132's are so similar to the 20 Spoke 18's from Audi that I have, personally I think the Audi ones look excellent, do they do them in 19's I wonder. Were there not any Audi rims that fitted the bill for you?

There's so many sexy rims out there! Which do I go for :( my hearts still set on the RS6's tho =/

Dude,

Don't bother with the CH's, everyone else has bought them now, be original.
The othe BBS wheels look smart, especially the RS-GT's or RX II. Look at the amount of people just in this thread with CH's.

Break the mould.

Totally changed my mind on both those styles now lol. I've ordered some different ones from above. They are from a new wheel company so there shouldn't be many sets about so will look different ;)

Not sure if you'll all like them but I'll get pics up when I get them and get the new A3 next week sometime.

Si

si_reading said:
Those Oettinger and BBS CY's do look very smart actually though.

Thanks Si.

Can't seem to find if the CY's have released yet though.