Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    The Black Phantom

Status

Spare Key and Re-synchronising?

Have had the (nearly) new A3 for 4 weeks, and the dealers have just sent me my spare key. Nothing came with it, no instructions, no notes, nothing! So I checked out my Owners Manual about re-synchronising the key. That doesn't work. The steps are:
    1. Press the "unlock" button.
    2. Open the driver's door manually within 30 secs of step 1 above.
    3. Press either the "unlock" or "lock" button.
    4. The key should be sync'd..... HOWEVER....
    By step 4 the key should've at least sync'd (given that it opens the door manually). Am I missing something here? Would appreciate any help.

Cheers.
    Audi A4 2.0 TDI (140 PS) SE Avant, Parking Sensors, 17" OEM Alloys, Cruise Control, GSM Mobile Prep in Armrest

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    The key needs the chip programmed to the car which has to be done at the dealers.

The Black Phantom

Status
    Cheers. Will give 'em a shout. Has anyone else had to wait this long for a spare key for your nearly new A3?
    Audi A4 2.0 TDI (140 PS) SE Avant, Parking Sensors, 17" OEM Alloys, Cruise Control, GSM Mobile Prep in Armrest

6th Gear

Status
    I waited 2 weeks for a new spare key when i bought my A3.

The Black Phantom

Status
    Btw Audi Dealers (as far as the ones I went to) cannot re-program keys on the weekends as there are very few technicians about. Also the link they have to Audi undergoes maintenance on the weekend. I'll have to find some time during the working week to go get this sorted.

Damn!!!
    Last edited by BennyB0Y; 16th June 2007 at 15:00.

5th Gear

Status
    why did you not get the key with the car??? I got both keys with my car when i got it. Thing is i'd be worried about where the 'other spare key is'!!!

The Black Phantom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steve184
    why did you not get the key with the car??? I got both keys with my car when i got it. Thing is i'd be worried about where the 'other spare key is'!!!
    I'm afraid it's one of those "after sales" things that just crops up when you don't expect it. I was expecting it'd be a quick affair but sadly not. I don't know even if it has anything to do with my A3 being ex-demo. Now, I don't think it should have mattered as the dealers were the 1st and only keepers of the low-mileage vehicle. It must be the right key (not chipped yet) as it does open the car manually. Didn't take any chances trying to start the car though. I'm worried the imobiliser will totally cut the engine out and I'll end up having to call Audi or anything. I just would like it to work ok from the start. The dealers have something to answer for with all this hassle.
    Last edited by BennyB0Y; 17th June 2007 at 19:07.

The Black Phantom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steve184
    Hey steve184,

Dealer texted me today and realised their blunder. They've booked me in to get my spare key re-coded. Result!