Dension ICE Link Plus

funguf

Sunday Driver
Reaction score
I just put it in and hooked it up to the Symphony II, I thought it was suppose to display text? or am I mistaken? :keule:

That's a negative...

The main advantage of the Dension over the Audi Ipod link is that the Ipod remains active so if you have it mounted, you can see the track info and manually operate the Ipod. On the Audi setup the Ipod is locked. As both connect through the same input on the Symphony, which doesn't carry cd or mp3 track info across, you still get it showing as CD numbers and that's it.

funguf said:
I just put it in and hooked it up to the Symphony II, I thought it was suppose to display text? or am I mistaken? :keule:

Did you have the cradle fitted?

I want to have it fitted with the cradle, but also have the dash mount phone bracket on it. I dont think it will fit underneath the phone cradle.

Has anyone ahd the cradle fitted elsewhere?

Does it look good? I dont want to make the fantastic interior look bad!!

funguf said:

I think (at present) this will only work with the BMW head units. Symphony II (which has casette deck) definitely cannot play MP3s either. :(

BennyB0Y said:
I think (at present) this will only work with the BMW head units. Symphony II (which has casette deck) definitely cannot play MP3s either. :(

It doesn't need to play MP3's, that's done by the Ipod BennyBoy...

I think the brodit proclips look pretty cool and take the Dension mount nicely, I think the one that goes over the left-hand console arm is very tidy and in a good spot, and I would rather not have one over my vent if I can help it.

normski said:
It doesn't need to play MP3's, that's done by the Ipod BennyBoy...

I think the brodit proclips look pretty cool and take the Dension mount nicely, I think the one that goes over the left-hand console arm is very tidy and in a good spot, and I would rather not have one over my vent if I can help it.

Hi Normski,

You're dead right it doesn't need to play MP3s at all, but I was just pointing out the other fact that it doesn't. I learned this through one of the threads I started a few weeks ago on "MP3 Compatible" stuff. It's just that I was asking my work mates about the Dension device and I know that the Dension unit in his Beemer shows the Artist etc on the actual head unit. Have you ever seen this work on the head unit for any Audi?
:unsure:

elviob said:
Did you have the cradle fitted?

I want to have it fitted with the cradle, but also have the dash mount phone bracket on it. I dont think it will fit underneath the phone cradle.

Has anyone ahd the cradle fitted elsewhere?

Does it look good? I dont want to make the fantastic interior look bad!!

I have the dock cable in glove box, I pushed the DIN through the screw fixture im not not convinced this is a brilliant idea as I will be missing a screw...how did everyone else do it?

BennyB0Y said:
Hi Normski,

You're dead right it doesn't need to play MP3s at all, but I was just pointing out the other fact that it doesn't. I learned this through one of the threads I started a few weeks ago on "MP3 Compatible" stuff. It's just that I was asking my work mates about the Dension device and I know that the Dension unit in his Beemer shows the Artist etc on the actual head unit. Have you ever seen this work on the head unit for any Audi?
:unsure:

Sorry. misunderstood you...never seen it with the normal headunits, though some suggest it is possible with RNS-E.

normski said:
Sorry. misunderstood you...never seen it with the normal headunits, though some suggest it is possible with RNS-E.
No worries. :o.k: