EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    Sunday Driver

Status

Dension ICE Link Plus

I just put it in and hooked it up to the Symphony II, I thought it was suppose to display text? or am I mistaken?
    2006 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line SE, Silver, Xenons, Symphony II, Bose Sound System, Interior Lighting Package, Light & Rain Sensor Pack, Non-smoking Pack, Heated Seats, Auto-folding Mirrors, Full Leather, Dension ICE Link Plus

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    That's a negative...

The main advantage of the Dension over the Audi Ipod link is that the Ipod remains active so if you have it mounted, you can see the track info and manually operate the Ipod. On the Audi setup the Ipod is locked. As both connect through the same input on the Symphony, which doesn't carry cd or mp3 track info across, you still get it showing as CD numbers and that's it.
    Silver 2007 S3

Sunday Driver

Status
    Bugger!, thanks though :S
    2006 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line SE, Silver, Xenons, Symphony II, Bose Sound System, Interior Lighting Package, Light & Rain Sensor Pack, Non-smoking Pack, Heated Seats, Auto-folding Mirrors, Full Leather, Dension ICE Link Plus

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by funguf
    I just put it in and hooked it up to the Symphony II, I thought it was suppose to display text? or am I mistaken?

Did you have the cradle fitted?

I want to have it fitted with the cradle, but also have the dash mount phone bracket on it. I dont think it will fit underneath the phone cradle.

Has anyone ahd the cradle fitted elsewhere?

Does it look good? I dont want to make the fantastic interior look bad!!

The Black Phantom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by funguf
    I think (at present) this will only work with the BMW head units. Symphony II (which has casette deck) definitely cannot play MP3s either.
    Audi A4 2.0 TDI (140 PS) SE Avant, Parking Sensors, 17" OEM Alloys, Cruise Control, GSM Mobile Prep in Armrest

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB0Y
    I think (at present) this will only work with the BMW head units. Symphony II (which has casette deck) definitely cannot play MP3s either.
    It doesn't need to play MP3's, that's done by the Ipod BennyBoy...

I think the brodit proclips look pretty cool and take the Dension mount nicely, I think the one that goes over the left-hand console arm is very tidy and in a good spot, and I would rather not have one over my vent if I can help it.
    Silver 2007 S3

The Black Phantom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    It doesn't need to play MP3's, that's done by the Ipod BennyBoy...

I think the brodit proclips look pretty cool and take the Dension mount nicely, I think the one that goes over the left-hand console arm is very tidy and in a good spot, and I would rather not have one over my vent if I can help it.
    Hi Normski,

You're dead right it doesn't need to play MP3s at all, but I was just pointing out the other fact that it doesn't. I learned this through one of the threads I started a few weeks ago on "MP3 Compatible" stuff. It's just that I was asking my work mates about the Dension device and I know that the Dension unit in his Beemer shows the Artist etc on the actual head unit. Have you ever seen this work on the head unit for any Audi?
    Audi A4 2.0 TDI (140 PS) SE Avant, Parking Sensors, 17" OEM Alloys, Cruise Control, GSM Mobile Prep in Armrest

Sunday Driver

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by elviob
    Did you have the cradle fitted?

I want to have it fitted with the cradle, but also have the dash mount phone bracket on it. I dont think it will fit underneath the phone cradle.

Has anyone ahd the cradle fitted elsewhere?

Does it look good? I dont want to make the fantastic interior look bad!!
    I have the dock cable in glove box, I pushed the DIN through the screw fixture im not not convinced this is a brilliant idea as I will be missing a screw...how did everyone else do it?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB0Y
    Hi Normski,

You're dead right it doesn't need to play MP3s at all, but I was just pointing out the other fact that it doesn't. I learned this through one of the threads I started a few weeks ago on "MP3 Compatible" stuff. It's just that I was asking my work mates about the Dension device and I know that the Dension unit in his Beemer shows the Artist etc on the actual head unit. Have you ever seen this work on the head unit for any Audi?
    Sorry. misunderstood you...never seen it with the normal headunits, though some suggest it is possible with RNS-E.
    Silver 2007 S3

My BM is fixed!

Status
    i have nothing to add
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

The Black Phantom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4Quattro
    i have nothing to add
    LOL. You just did! V. Funny.

The Black Phantom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    Sorry. misunderstood you...never seen it with the normal headunits, though some suggest it is possible with RNS-E.
    No worries.