Coilovers and Sideskirts for A3 help

gordybaillie

Reaction score
Hi

I have just bought a 2004 A3 2.0 tdi sport.

I am after a coilover kit for this as have also bought a set of 19" wheels. Are there any sets you recomend or do not recomend and any decents web sites or contact details where i can get them?

I am also after a set of side skirt, not looking for anything fancy, quite like the reiger ones. Any suggestions on any other ones?

Thanks for the help

hey mate i too have an 04 TDI sport but i already have coilovers, 19s and skirts fitted

i went for FK highsport coilovers - around £430

the highsport are the basic set with only height adjustable

you can get dampening adjustable FK's but you will pay more - i think the FK konigsports were £530 :S i am not completely sure

i have 19" bbs ch ET50 with 235/35/r19 tyres

being honest, the ride is quite surprisingly good, better than what i expected from coilovers and 19s!

i have always lowered my cars and its the style i like - the bumps can be harsh but motorway driving is reasonabley confortable!

skirts - i sourced a set of Audi's own Votex skirts - keep an eye on ebay

they are expensive from audi, £320 and you will pay extra for spraying and fitting

the reiger ones are nice, i contemplated them but wanted to stay OEM

Audi also do a front and rear skirt which i have the front! (ebay again)

if you have any more question let me know and i will try my best to help!

Thanks for the help

The 19's i have bought are also BBS CH's! They are ET35 tho, will these fit ok?

I will have a look at the vortex kit and see what it is like as looking to keep mine quite OEM aswell.

Boydie - any pics of your car, would be good to see as sounds like what i want mine to look like.

et35 will not fit without rubbing and scobing! - they need to be et50!

as i said to you in the pm - if you add spacers you will lower the ET and the fitment will be worse!