Monster MotorsportEM Tuning

Thread: New S3 ??

I cant spell !

Status

New S3 ??

HI I'm thinking of buying a 2007 S3 to replace my Subaru WRX,
    I hate having to pay dealer price and seeing as Audi dealers arnt exactly renown for giving discount thinking of going down the parallel (but UK spec) import route (just as I did with my last two Subaru's) - either with performance centre manchester or with jamjar .
    Unless someone can advise of any other good importers ?

Are the Uk dealers going to be awkward with servicing ? And would it need to be registered with Audi UK to get the full three year warrenty ?

Richard

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I got 1733 discount off my S3 m8, don't know if that sort of figure gets you into the right ball park?
    Silver 2007 S3

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    I got 1733 discount off my S3 m8, don't know if that sort of figure gets you into the right ball park?
    What dealer Normski?

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

6th Gear

Status
    I'd like to know that too.

2nd Gear

Status
    One of my local dealers where my best mate works as a tech. I have done them a few favours in recent years...

My mate negotiated 1000 off for me before I even went in, then I dropped the JamJar price of 2470 discount (yes I know they couldn't do that price), and they met me near the middle at 1733 off.

A one off because of my mate and my relationship with certain people at the dealership they said...then of course the other two dealers I had test driven at said "what they can do we can do".

If anyone is genuinely interested...and by that I mean ready to order with no doubts, I would be more than happy to try to obtain that discount for them and then put you intouch direct with the guy I dealt with.
    Silver 2007 S3

6th Gear

Status
    Can you ask him to send me a cheque??

is a retronaut

Status
    Norm, remember ya mate said he may be able to offer me one too? He never got back to me. I will be ready to order soon, can you ask what sort of tax free price he can get me??
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

4th Gear

Status
    When we bought our A3 Walton Audi matched www.broadspeed.com and knocked a further £400 of the price. I would think as the S3 isnt now a brand new model discounts can be had on them.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

1st Gear

Status
    normski, did you buy from Stratford?

prt

jamiekip
    I got 3% off mine when I ordered in November - worked out at just under £900.

I cant spell !

Status
    Mmm might be worth pushing the dealer for a discount then ! Hope fully might get one. Looking at this site seems I can retro fit most of the option I want like arm rest etc. What are the standard fit HU and speakers like ? Especially if I order the ipod connection ?

Cheers
    Richard

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rsarjantson
    Mmm might be worth pushing the dealer for a discount then ! Hope fully might get one. Looking at this site seems I can retro fit most of the option I want like arm rest etc. What are the standard fit HU and speakers like ? Especially if I order the ipod connection ?

Cheers
    Richard
    Mate, you have a lot of reading to do...
    Silver 2007 S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000
    Norm, remember ya mate said he may be able to offer me one too? He never got back to me. I will be ready to order soon, can you ask what sort of tax free price he can get me??
    He mentioned it the other day, along the lines of it gets dealt with direct by the head office...if you want me to PM you his email address, I can do. It will be alot easier for you to sort it yourself now the intro is done...especially as you know how much I got chopped off mine. If I see him in next few days I will mention it again though.

Quote Originally Posted by prt57
    normski, did you buy from Stratford?

prt
    Yes mate.
    Silver 2007 S3

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    He mentioned it the other day, along the lines of it gets dealt with direct by the head office...if you want me to PM you his email address, I can do. It will be alot easier for you to sort it yourself now the intro is done...especially as you know how much I got chopped off mine. If I see him in next few days I will mention it again though.
    Please mate
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.