Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits

Thread: Window

Neutral

Status

Window

Hello,

Me drivers side window no longer goes down at one touch of the buitton (using the drivers side controls), where the passenger one does.

Is there anyway of resetting it.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boydie
    check your manual, maybe hold it in for a longer period of time?

i only found out last week that if you put your key in the door and hold it to the right, both windows go down and likewise with the left, both go up!

Me drivers side window no longer goes down at one touch of the buitton (using the drivers side controls), where the passenger one does.
    Was the ignition on or off. It makes a difference. With the ignition ON the one-touch works. With the ignition OFF you have to keep your finger on the button.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    With the window closed, and the ignition "on", when you pull the button "up" for at least one second it will reset the electrics to "one-click closing" (for want of a better description). You can hear a slight click (from a relay?) when you reset it this way, at least from the driver's seat
    Dave N

Neutral

Status
    ignition on.

p.s if you hold down your alarm button on your key fob it also puts the windows up

Neutral

Status
    i'll give it a try tonight, is it both button you have to pull up or just the right one ?

cheers

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by migzy
    i'll give it a try tonight, is it both button you have to pull up or just the right one ?

cheers
    Each button works independently, so far as I know. I suggest that you hold each button up one at a time and not all at the same time. I've no idea what would happen if you held all buttons up at the same time and I've never done that myself. It has worked for me on the couple of occasions over the last few years when the one-touch control seems to have stopped working, and I reset each button one at a time.
    Dave N

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by migzy
    ignition on.

p.s if you hold down your alarm button on your key fob it also puts the windows up
    And holding the unlock button windows them down

To the OP, to get the reset to work you have to first put the window all the way up then release the button then pull it to wind the window up (even though it's already up) and hold it for a second or two. This always works for me.

Basically the default mode is for the one-touch to be disabled for safety reasons. If anything obstructs the window it will switch this feature off until it's reactivated using the above procedure. Disconnecting the battery also disables the feature.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Basically the default mode is for the one-touch to be disabled for safety reasons.
    My new Sportback was delivered with the one-touch enabled.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    My new Sportback was delivered with the one-touch enabled.
    Mine was too
    A5 2.0T Sport Brilliant Black

Status
    Same here, although - spookily - the one-touch switch also didn't seem to be working today either. Maybe it was just me, as I tried it again when leaving work and the window dropped, but it sure looked like it had stuck.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

5th Gear

Status
    has your battery been dsiconnected? For a short while after reconection this feature doesn't work (i'm not sure of the reason for this but it is comon on quite a few makes of car - possibly just the elctrics resetting or something)