Window

migzy

Reaction score
Hello,

Me drivers side window no longer goes down at one touch of the buitton (using the drivers side controls), where the passenger one does.

Is there anyway of resetting it.

Cheers

check your manual, maybe hold it in for a longer period of time?

i only found out last week that if you put your key in the door and hold it to the right, both windows go down and likewise with the left, both go up!

Me drivers side window no longer goes down at one touch of the buitton (using the drivers side controls), where the passenger one does.

Was the ignition on or off. It makes a difference. With the ignition ON the one-touch works. With the ignition OFF you have to keep your finger on the button.

With the window closed, and the ignition "on", when you pull the button "up" for at least one second it will reset the electrics to "one-click closing" (for want of a better description). You can hear a slight click (from a relay?) when you reset it this way, at least from the driver's seat :)

ignition on.

p.s if you hold down your alarm button on your key fob it also puts the windows up

i'll give it a try tonight, is it both button you have to pull up or just the right one ?

cheers

migzy said:
i'll give it a try tonight, is it both button you have to pull up or just the right one ?

cheers

Each button works independently, so far as I know. I suggest that you hold each button up one at a time and not all at the same time. I've no idea what would happen if you held all buttons up at the same time and I've never done that myself. It has worked for me on the couple of occasions over the last few years when the one-touch control seems to have stopped working, and I reset each button one at a time.

migzy said:
ignition on.

p.s if you hold down your alarm button on your key fob it also puts the windows up
And holding the unlock button windows them down :)

To the OP, to get the reset to work you have to first put the window all the way up then release the button then pull it to wind the window up (even though it's already up) and hold it for a second or two. This always works for me.

Basically the default mode is for the one-touch to be disabled for safety reasons. If anything obstructs the window it will switch this feature off until it's reactivated using the above procedure. Disconnecting the battery also disables the feature.

Basically the default mode is for the one-touch to be disabled for safety reasons.

My new Sportback was delivered with the one-touch enabled.

Same here, although - spookily - the one-touch switch also didn't seem to be working today either. Maybe it was just me, as I tried it again when leaving work and the window dropped, but it sure looked like it had stuck.

has your battery been dsiconnected? For a short while after reconection this feature doesn't work (i'm not sure of the reason for this but it is comon on quite a few makes of car - possibly just the elctrics resetting or something)