Build Week 24 Delivery Date

dkjc

Reaction score
All,

My new Sportback is due to be built next week. Anyone have any ideas on when i should expect to be able to pick up my new car? How soon will I be given VIN details and Registration options? Sorry about the questions but now getting excited after placing my order in April.:arco:

The car will normally be with the dealer in 2 to 3 weeks from completion. I believe that registration can only be done once they have the actual car.

Hi there - I know how you feel, its torment. My S3 is being built this week (23). I had a call from Audi on the Monday to say it had gone into production and was given a choice of which registration I wanted - neither of them very exciting. They saying that it should be within 21 days from beginning of build to delivery to the dealer.

Uodate - Just received a call from the dealer, and the build date has now been put back to Week 25. Disappointed to say the least.:sadlike:

Update - Recieved a call today. My new A3 Sportback has now been officially built and is awaiting shipment:arco: Was also told that if it arrives in the country by Monday, will be able to pick it up next week:arco: Anyone have any recent delivery experiences? What do you think my chances are of picking the car up next Friday?

My new A3 came into use last week and got to dealer last friday, but still waiting for my reg transfer before I pick it up. Should be ready weds/thurs next week ****** dvla is too slow I want my new car lol.

Hi there,

picked mine up yesterday - its lovely mate.

Mine was build week 23, so it was less than the 21 days from build start to delivery - more like 16/17 days. Took a couple of days from receiving it for the dealer to get the vehicle checked etc. Needed that couple of days anyway to sort out the dosh and insurance.

By the way, Audi offer 7 days complimentary insurance if you get a quote. I recommend this as it means they email the insurance details to your dealer and they can sort out the tax disc without you having to mess about taking cover notes in etc.

Good luck - let us know when you get it. Loving mine so far.

Forgot to say, as you are exactly one week behind mine and I picked mine up this Thursday all going well you should have yours in a weeks time.

Hi guys, mines was a week 24 build and it arrived at the dealer yesterday!!! YAY!! a week after getting built!

Mine is a week 22 build and I'm hoping to get it this Friday.

They are just trying to work out if they can register it with my personal plate...

It's dragging a bit, and seeing you later build guys having your car already doesn't help :sadlike:

marshalld said:
Mine is a week 22 build and I'm hoping to get it this Friday.

They are just trying to work out if they can register it with my personal plate...

It's dragging a bit, and seeing you later build guys having your car already doesn't help :sadlike:

You can't really complain about it dragging if you're expecting them to register it with your private plate.
You could just pick it up with the normal plate on and do it yourself.
Would mean driving around with an '07' plate for a few weeks,but so what ?
I've never relied on a dealer with my private plates,I just do them myself.
An added benefit to this is that I don't have to have dealer crap all over the actual plates themseles.
I know it's a legal requirement,but it's never caused me problems and I don;t see why I should advertise a dealer.
Same with dealer stickers,they always get removed.

bowfer said:
You can't really complain about it dragging if you're expecting them to register it with your private plate.

That's not the only thing, as of Friday it wasn't even at the PDI centre. That's why I'm amazed they still think they can get it done for this week, irrespective of number plate issues.

You could just pick it up with the normal plate on and do it yourself.
Would mean driving around with an '07' plate for a few weeks,but so what ?
I've never relied on a dealer with my private plates,I just do them myself.
Yep, if they can't do it, that's the option I'll go for. It's just more hassle for me personally if I have to do it myself.

An added benefit to this is that I don't have to have dealer crap all over the actual plates themseles.
I know it's a legal requirement,but it's never caused me problems and I don;t see why I should advertise a dealer.
Same with dealer stickers,they always get removed.

I can live with that kind of stuff. Just need to get myself an a-s.net sticker to put in there as well :icon_thumright:

The woman across the road recently bought a TT (new,but old style).
She had to wait for weeks because of alleged 'issues' with her private plate too,which was on the car she traded in.
It's just laziness,on her part IMO.
If she'd put the private plate onto rentention before trading in her own car,then sorted it all out later,she could have had her new car weeks before she did.
She'd rather bitch about the dealer though,when the 'issues' the dealer was having was just the usual private plate rigmarole.
The dealer probably swallowed the transfer cost in the deal too !

My plate is on retention and they've got the paperwork ;-)

I think it's more an issue of getting the V55 done. I was told that the dealership/Audi now has a direct computer link to DVLA for registering vehicles. As a result, doing a private plate is more tricky as someone has to go to the nearest DLVA office in person to get it all done.

Dealer is supposed to ring me today with an update - so hopefully will know more later.

marshalld said:
As a result, doing a private plate is more tricky as someone has to go to the nearest DLVA office in person to get it all done./QUOTE]

Where I live,that could be a right pain for them.
It could seriously mean losing a member of staff for several hours,given the nightmare part of town the DVLA office is in.
I may opt out of putting my private plate on my next company car,I'll see.
I really object to the £106 fee every time I or my wife changes a car !

Update - Dealer rang today to tell me the my A3 is still awaiting shipment and will not not be here until July:sadlike: Never mind, July is only a week away though.

Further update - Dealer confirmed I can now pick up my new A3 Sportback on Monday 9th July from their new premises in Warrington. Can't wait. Only nearly 3 months from order to delivery. Hope it is worth the wait.:arco: