R32 Brakes

B

Boydie

hey guys

I MAY have a chance of getting a set of MK5 R32 front brakes which have only seen a few thousand miles, if that, for a good price.

i have been told they fit nicely on the A3's and are 345mm and twin piston, but are apparently very heavy!

the standard a3 discs are 288mm aren't they?

since i am getting a remap shortly i was planning on up grading my brakes anyway but to 312mm brembo falt discs, TT carriers and ferrodo pads

but what do you guys think??

i have 19" rims so the R32 brakes would look fantastic and stop very very well in my opinion but for the extra weight the add and time it takes to fit them would they be worth it? (you have to bleed the brakes to fit them)

or should i go with the original plan of brembo discs ?

or will the standard brakes be up for the 185bhp remap??

As far as I know the Mk5 R32 brakes exactly the same as the ones on my A3 3.2, I have had a look at a new R32 at the local VW dealer and I can see no difference, they also seem to be the same as the ones used on some A4s.
I can tell you that they do stop very well, I am running standard 18" RS6 rims and have painted the calipers red, they look great! I'll post a photo if you are interested.

yes please mate that would be very good indeed!

i completely forgot about the 3.2 a3 - dont know what happened to me there!! blonde moment i guess!!!

thanks

Well your brakes will be the same as mine and mine stock has 200 ponies and now 240+ and the brake on mine are fine

good advice d3fy - didnt know the 2.0tfsi had the same brakes!

Boydie said:
good advice d3fy - didnt know the 2.0tfsi had the same brakes!

It doesn't(compared to the R32 or 3.2 A3), the front discs are smaller and the rears aren't vented. I think he was meaning they are good enough as they are in 2.0t trim.

Here you go Boydie, my 3.2 brakes were looking a bit grubby, so after a good clean up I gave them 2 coats of high temp red enamel, I think they look quite smart! I sure some will say its a bit "chav"!!

thanks grebby, great help - hopefully a deal will go through but still have to think about a lot of things!