Which S3 spoiler and how to fit it to an A3?

sharma

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at purchasing an S3 roof spoiler to put onto my A3. I have found one on ebay for a nice price. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-roof-spoiler-original-S3-shape_W0QQitemZ260124965618QQihZ016QQcategoryZ72209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you guys think? I could buy one from the dealer but it is very expensive. Over £160 and then I will have to get it sprayed and fitted. If you think the ebay one is a waste of time does anyone know where else I can get one?

I do not want to drill any holes so will bond it on. I know you can do this as many people in the forum have done so. Does anyone have any idea which glue I should use to ensure its bonded on properly. I don’t want the thing falling off.

Thanks.

Have you had a quote for the prep work and spraying of the spoiler? It could be quite expensive.

I've bought a bargain spoiler from Ebay in the past for my previous car, an Impreza. All well and good; but the poor quallity and amount of work needed to prep the spoiler to spray it was a joke. Even with some modifiactions, shaving and jiggling it never did fit as well as an original Subaru one. In retrospect I wish I'd just bought one from Subaru.

Just a thought based on my experience, the one you are after from Ebay may be a good quality piece of kit.

I bonded mine with genuine Audi adhesive (pt No 00A071785), only £9.78+vat.
It is easy to do, instruction are quite good.

I may be talking complete rubbish here but as that spoiler on ebay is from an 8L S3, will it fit an 8P A3 properly anyway?

I adopted a rule which I haven't broken since my first car 17 years ago...if it didn't come with a spoiler, don't get one.

I suppose the quality of the fitting may have improved since then...

But good luck.

I'm planning to get the Votex/S-Line (dunno the difference) spoiler fitted when I get back from holiday in around 1-2months.
Bit worried it might fall off lol.