Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Which S3 spoiler and how to fit it to an A3?

Hi,

I am looking at purchasing an S3 roof spoiler to put onto my A3. I have found one on ebay for a nice price. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-roof-s...QQcmdZViewItem

What do you guys think? I could buy one from the dealer but it is very expensive. Over 160 and then I will have to get it sprayed and fitted. If you think the ebay one is a waste of time does anyone know where else I can get one?

I do not want to drill any holes so will bond it on. I know you can do this as many people in the forum have done so. Does anyone have any idea which glue I should use to ensure its bonded on properly. I dont want the thing falling off.

Thanks.
    Last edited by sharma; 6th June 2007 at 15:47.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Have you had a quote for the prep work and spraying of the spoiler? It could be quite expensive.

I've bought a bargain spoiler from Ebay in the past for my previous car, an Impreza. All well and good; but the poor quallity and amount of work needed to prep the spoiler to spray it was a joke. Even with some modifiactions, shaving and jiggling it never did fit as well as an original Subaru one. In retrospect I wish I'd just bought one from Subaru.

Just a thought based on my experience, the one you are after from Ebay may be a good quality piece of kit.

Neutral

Status
    I bonded mine with genuine Audi adhesive (pt No 00A071785), only 9.78+vat.
    It is easy to do, instruction are quite good.
    (8P)A3 2.0 TDI Sport-Dolphin Grey-
    1983 (DAC)Talbot Sunbeam Lotus - Weekend Toy.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I may be talking complete rubbish here but as that spoiler on ebay is from an 8L S3, will it fit an 8P A3 properly anyway?
    Current: VW Polo 1.9 tdi
    Gone but not forgotten: 8L S3 in Ming Blue

2nd Gear

Status
    I adopted a rule which I haven't broken since my first car 17 years ago...if it didn't come with a spoiler, don't get one.

I suppose the quality of the fitting may have improved since then...

But good luck.
    Silver 2007 S3

5th Gear

Status
    I'm planning to get the Votex/S-Line (dunno the difference) spoiler fitted when I get back from holiday in around 1-2months.
    Bit worried it might fall off lol.
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten